Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to this forum and in the process of restoring a 1975 250c. I can not seem to be able to get any spark and have been told it is the source coil (inside magneto). is this a common problem with these engines or is there another culprit? I have run the usual tests but no voltage read out on a c. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks R I am in North Ireland. 20210608_150001.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Ronnie, I’m in Belfast and have recently restored two of these. I can help you sort out the electrics. Give me a bell on 07902792080. Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you father Brian for your reply, any advice or help would be great, the bike is a 250 electronica moto guzzi, identical in all but name, (benelli stamped on engine casings ). The bike had lay in a local shed for over 35 years, and is in remarkable condition, only 5000 miles. I replaced the rings as one had ceased, but all seems fine, compression, big end, (slight score on left hand bore where ring had ceased ). I have had the bike for 2 years, but it has sat at the back of my garage waiting it's turn as other two wheel projects took my interest first. when would be a good time to contact you for your advice? thanks Ronnie.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all, I am new to this forum and in the process of restoring a 1975 250c. I can not seem to be able to get any spark and have been told it is the source coil (inside magneto). is this a common problem with these engines or is there another culprit? I have run the usual tests but no voltage read out on a c. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks R I am in North Ireland. View attachment 36939
Yes it is a common problem with them and led to a lot of misery back in their day. Mine was intermittent and would work fine for weeks then randomly refuse to start. I think a subsequent owner replaced the entire ignition system with something else from another similar bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it is a common problem with them and led to a lot of misery back in their day. Mine was intermittent and would work fine for weeks then randomly refuse to start. I think a subsequent owner replaced the entire ignition system with something else from another similar bike.
Thanks Romaldo for your reply, a local guy here in N.Ireland has 2 and already has been a great help with the project. hope to have it running within the next week or two. cheers. R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts