Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, that's right...the gathering officially started this morning as the father in law headed up from Norfolk to spend a few days with us in Aberdeenshire before coming up to Rogart with me.

Poor old bugger rang at lunchtime to say the Fireblade gave up the ghost around The Angel of the North.

Last we heard he was in a recovery lorry around Edinburgh...that was at 6pm. Apparently that lorry would only take him as far as Edinbuirgh and another one would bring him up here but he wasn't sure how long the changeover would take as he had to phone the other lorry when he got to Edinburgh.

What a kerfuffle!!

He left the houe at 5:40am...long day!!!

Will hopefully get it fixed by the weekend but if not he'll still be accompanyiong me to Rogart as he can use the wife's R6...it needs a decent run as she's not riding now she's in the family way.

Fingers crossed that's the last breakdown!!!!
Bloody Honda!!!

Off to print off a few Benelli adverts from Autotrader and leave them on his bedside table.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
You get on with your father in law and your missus rides a bike? Jackpot:clap:

Al:D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well he arrived at ours at 1am.

4 seperate recovery trucks as they only go so far from their base!!...what a joke!

Apparently he broke down in the outside lane of the A1 at 11am as the traffic had stopped. he thought he'd stalled it but it wouldn't start again. He then had to push it over to the hard shoulder which was a bit hairy.

13 hours to come the last 250 miles...he might as well have been on a scooter.

He's not too chuffed with the RAC...the recovery vehicle drivers were brilliant but the admin side was bloody awful as he had a big wait between each vehicle and the first one took 2 hours to reach him. 2 hours on the hard shoulder of the A1 in the pouring rain....not the best.

·
Fyule
697 Posts
I think there is a trick with the recovery people, you have to tell them you are a pregnant, single person on your own, that you are on benefits and having just passed your test at the expense of the tax payer you are now on your way to a job interview, but the new car you have (that the tax payer has again funded) has broken down......

I'm not really a cynic.

Or tell him to join NCI, my wife broke down somewhere in France (well her bike did) and we were recovered quickly and efficiently through NCI with no admin probs atall

Fraser

·
Registered
61 Posts
NCI Seem Good People

Or You Could Do What I Do

Pull Up On The Nellie , ( Can,t Find Neutral ,So Leave In Gear)
Come Out Of The Local Kawasaki Dealer To Find The Nellie Completely Dead
No Lights On Clocks Etc,
Check All Fuses
Call Out The AA
AA Engineer Checks Fuses Etc , Cant Find Any Problem:confused:
Call Out Recovery Van
Recovery Van Arrives And Sets Out His Bike Trailer
Try To Move Nellie Onto Trailer, Won,t Move ,Still In Gear,
Find Neutral and Move Onto Trailer
Recovery Guy Says Just Try It Now,
Nellie Fires Into Life,
Recovery Guy Says We Shall Put It Down To A Blown Fuse And Say No More:doh:
In Short : 40 mins Riding
3hrs Waiting For AA and Recovery
30 Mins Riding Back Home (Nailed It)

Made A Complete Arse Of Myself , But Put It Down To Being New To A Benelli
Certainly Wont Happen Again:)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
:rolling:
I'm sure we have all done similar - but having no breakdown cover, I never got as far as calling someone out !!!
:rolling:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts