Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I am such a happy little bunny! January it may be-but in a fit of enthusiasm orrft i went-out on the RS:clap:
Last used on 23rd Dec & not started for about 5days, i popped into the car to see what the temperature was showing; 6deg C-result!, so on with the leathers, race gloves (only gloves i own) and trusty Arai and out i went.
THE BENELLI RAN FINE < all prospective new owners: copy & paste please.
Kinda cold, but hey blue nads might be fashionable in 2007 and i'll admit to only doing about 40miles but it keeps my pathetic record of riding every month for the last 5 years going AND i enjoyed it! NO REALLY i did.
So a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all and remember: when you get depressed by the dark n cold winter sieze the moment-go for a wee spin-and when you come back just think-SPRING is only 10>12weeks away:rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Great minds think alike Nigel. I popped out today for a couple of hours on the bike and had a blast. Had that little Italian whore at over 155mph a couple of times and loved every minute of it:clap:

Some days life just seems to get better and better:bow:

Al:)

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
155mph haggis!!!!!

BB al, I hope you were on a track with all the required safety items whilst cruising on the "nell" at 155mph:) :) :) :)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Why of course Mr Birkumshaw;) The track I was on happened to be one of Scotland's premier racing circuits, most commonly known as the 'Edinburgh City Bypass' or the A720 (Southbound):rolling:

Al;)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
It's a good time of the year to go and 'make progress' on the roads... not many jam sandwiches out there to spoil your fun!

Andy

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
My New Year's ride

Yep, even with my still-not-healed broken leg, I was able to go for a 140-mile ride on the Tre. I wore the plastic leg brace under my Stadler all-weather riding suit, and felt great. That was only my 4th time on a bike since my accident April 8, and by far the longest ride (my last ride before that was 30 miles).

Nice to have gotten the year started on 2 wheels! I just hope on Feb 5 the surgeon says "yes, it's healing" instead of "time for another surgery"....\

cheers everyone -
mark

·
903 Posts
Great news.

:D

Mark, that's great news that you have managed a decent ride out.:clap:

My hip and femur are much better although still sore but my knee is buggered and will need surgery.:bawl: Just hope all is well by the spring!:bow:

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Hey Lloyd

Well, glad your hip and femur are improving, sorry to hear about the knee. Hopefully you're recover from that surgery quickly. I had surgery on both knees years ago, but it was just arthroscopic to do some cartilage cleanup. I was walking the same day!

I hope to do another ride this weekend, weather permitting.

cheers!
mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts