Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’m getting my Tornado Tre’s 1st service this week and would appreciate some advice re the values, do you think they should be done on the 1st service?

Also I’ve been quoted £450 is this the going rate, seems an extoursinate price for a 1st service to me.

Ta.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 1st Service advice please

Hey WarpWarrior,

According to the service manual, the valves don't need to be adjusted until 6000 km. There's really no Benelli dealership in the US, sorry can't really help you with the cost of the service. A friend of mine who's a engine tuner performed the 1st service for me. He didn't find anything major with it, just went down the check list in the shop manual.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1st service

If you are in the UK there is a Benelli mechanic at 3Cross motorcycles named Sam...Best damn mechanic in the business. Give him a call at 01202-810200. Also, the salesman there is Jordan (also a brilliant young lad 01202-810204) who has told me that the first service shouldn't be more than 350 pounds sterling. And just so you know, I have purchased two Benelli's from them, a biposto and an LE. Also, KJM superbikes in Wigan is the official importer for the United Kingdom. Their number is 01257-451656. Thery have a wide variety of parts available for immediate purchase and seem to be a right good bunch of lads. Let us know where you get it serviced and how much it costs. Plus, lets get more convo's going on in this forum. Seems like we are not passing around enough info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Valve check and service costs

I've been 'round the houses' on this one a few times.

I couldn't get a consistant answer from anyone on when the valves needed done, some say 1,000 km's others others said 4,500 klm's.
There's even conflicting info on the Benelli documentation so I ended up conacting Benelli's technical department who advised that although they state 6,000 km's in the workshop manual they don't need done until 10,000 km's.

I ended up getting them checked at 6,000 km's just to be on the safe side and they were 'spot on' so you could probably leave them until 10k right enough.

By the way, 6,000 km service (including the valve check) cost me £300

The first service without a valve check cost £200 (this was by a different main dealer than the 2nd service)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Valve check and service costs

Hi Laurence

Were these dealers local or did you have to travel, as you know it was my local dealer who supplied my bike sourced from KJM and says there will be no problems with servicing, but don't think they have the diagnostic equipment for engine management computer, they have a good mechanic and consumables are no problem, but bike is running very rich and I think this could be leaned off a bit (should help fuel consumption a bit too).
Would have to consider a certain dealership in Edinburgh to do this check for me or I suppose I could try a Triumph Dealer since they also use Sagem management systems.
Any Veiws????????

Ps. Still think bike is farking awesome!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hi Laurence,
Where do you get your bike service?
Ta
WW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hi All,

Thanks very much for your emails and advice, have to say I’m still not sure what to do for the best as there is so much conflicting advice, think I may just get the basic 1st service done on Friday, (Johnyrottin thanks for all the tele numbers & contacts but 3cross & KJM bit far for me I’m in Kent,UK). By the way just to let you know in the CD manual (the one that came with the bike) its says 1st service running in 600 miles no valve check required, then next service 3k's when the valves should be inspected, adjusted etc....

Will let you know what the outcome is…
bye for now.
WW.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
info

No problem on the info. Let us know where and when you get it serviced. I am right outside of cambridge. I sold my Biposto to my next door neighbor (126 miles on the clock for 6200 pounds, absolutely spotless) so that I could buy a brand spanking new LE #131 of 150. Got that for the screaming deal of 8500 pounds. If anyone is interested in that I know where there are two more, one used LE and one new one. Where do you service in kent? And are you interesed in the Brands Hatch weekend next season? Would love to have a load of Tornados ride in there together.8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Service Info.

Hi Guys,

I got my Local dealer to do the first service but I took it to KJM for the 6,000km service. It's a 400 mile round trip for me but that's where it will be going back to for the next one.

John,
Glad to hear that your still enjoying the TRE.

I don't think that there is a Benelli dealer in Edinburgh no more, they gave it up last year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Service Info.

I've had no personal experience of these guys but they're closer to you. Plus, I think they race a Tornado.

Red Dog Motorcycles, 132 High Street, Edenbridge, Kent TN8 5AY, Tel: 01732 863 636

OR

Sheddingdean Business Centre, Burgess Hill, Sussex RH15 8QY. Tel: 01444 248 848

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Service Info.

Hi all, First time on forum, had my tre 1st service at red dog, great guys, had problems getting there & they picked my up in van after i broke down due to dodgy battery. Cost me £450 including £50 for another battery. Recommend them thou, will be going back there for it's next one. I use there second site in edenbridge kent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: 1st Service update.

Hi All,
Just a quick update: -
I also used Red Dog, Edenbridge, Kent... for my 1st service & got the valves check in the end, needed 2 valve shims so glad I did... running much smoother feels a lot faster as well, although haven't had a chance to use much since then... (2 weeks ago). The cost was £420. I'd also recommend Red Dog also busagsx1300…
WW…

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Service costs

My Tre is coming up for it's 24 month service (I'll get it done at a proper dealer as it's my last chance for warantee claims ;) )

Had three quotes - 24 month service with a bit over 3K miles on the clock (yeah - sad I know :| )

3X - £450
Red Dog - £300
KJM - £80 + parts + VAT

Hmmm, dificult choice here I think.

When I asked KJM (who are now the UK importers) why they were so much cheaper there was a very diplomatic reply (they have a business and network to protect), but my liberal interpretation of it was "because people will pay the other amounts".

For the saving shown above I'm happy to ride up north in the cold - money saved covers next summers tyres :D

And it will be good to meet with KJM with the possibility of the new 1100+ cc Tre coming out next year (especially if they do the black one I've seen in some of the photos linked to on this forum).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts