Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Well it's been a month or so since I picked up the CR and now it's coming up to it's first 1,000k service. I'm planning to book it in for next week.

The only issues I can think of to get the mechanics to look at is that the idle (yes the famous Benelli idle) is getting rougher and rougher with more noticeable misses, especially when the engines hot.

Now the dealer here in Victoria (Australia) is a1 in Ringwood. They have great mechanics and have supported me when dealing with Aprilia warranty issues, but I'm not expecting them to be as knowledgeable on Benelli's as they are on Aprilia's because there simply are not as many around here. Only 3 CRs in Victoria according to the sales guys and one of those still not sold.

So if anyone has anything I should pass on with respect to the service or things to check which might not be in the service list, please post up :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks guys,
Derek

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well nothing that I can think of. The first inspection is basically an oil and filter change and a lot of inspecting. No valve adjustment or any other complicated work. I was charged 1 1/2 hr labour.

I won't allow my mechanic to put in the 4 liters of Motul 15w 50 at $20.00 CDN a liter. $80 for oil is a little excessive.

Mobil 1 makes a 15w 50 performance driving formula that is full syn. That will do fine for my bike.

Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts