Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my bike back today from Red Dog motorcycles after having its first service.

Pleasantly surprised on the cost of pickup and the price of the service. The guys certainly looked after me this time... Thanks

So would highly recommend them...

Now that the bike is run in I can finally see what all the fuss is about.... Of course im not going to go crazy but can't wait to see what it has....

It took me since bloody September to clock up the 600 miles. Painfully keeping it to the running in limit. All these bikes just shooting pass me !!! Now the time has come to unleash the power of the mighty Tornado - hopefully, respect will be due :bow:

Most annoying thing is I can't get the Remus exhaust yet due to the fitting kits not being ready !!! Dont you just hate it when you got the money to buy something but you still cant have it!!!

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
600 miles since september jeez man you get around:ele:

seriously ive had mine 6 weeks and its now 2100miles and ive not been able to ride it all week since i got the oil leek, now its off for repair hopefully

The costs of servicing these bikes can be high so its good to hear otherwise

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know how you feel mate, I have had mine for months now and just clocked up the miles for the first service.

Incidentally, how much did the service cost? How much am I in for?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I had a few issues with my bike when I first got it.. e.g speedo and chain to loose.

So they took it back and sorted the problems then dropped it off.

Also I had the wrong tax disk on my bike...

At the time the dealer was registering 2 bikes and I got the wrong disk.

This went one for months as the guy who had my tax disk had a falling out with the dealer and sold the bike on....

Also, they couldn't get me the Remus pipe which I've had on order for over 5 weeks.

So because of these things I got a really good deal on the service.... It was supposed to be £500 and I got it alot cheaper and they picked the bike up and dropped it off... I would say your looking at £350+ but the key thing is to negotiate. :clap:

I did have a Ducati so used to expensive servicing...

I suppose the worse part is over but i'm not sure if i would by a new bike again. I think next time i'll get one thats had all of the cost of the first service done and the painful running in. :rolleyes:

The only reason I bought this new was because I bought a Benelli from Triumph World under the understanding it was in perfect condition.

When I received it (bought off the internet) it had been down the road.

So I used my right to return the item (blah blah - Trading Standards) and bounced that baby straight back at them.

I never realised that when you buy anything off the internet you have the right to return it regardless of whether its faulty or not and the seller has to refund you. I can assure you that this is the only reason why Triumph World took the bike back.

***Please note this is my basic understanding of using my Right to Cancel a Contract there are many documents on the net that go into it in more detail.***

The only reason I found this out was because I run 3 motorcycle shopping sites and had Trading Standards on my case about my Terms and Conditions.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
600 miles since september jeez man you get around:ele:

seriously ive had mine 6 weeks and its now 2100miles and ive not been able to ride it all week since i got the oil leek, now its off for repair hopefully

The costs of servicing these bikes can be high so its good to hear otherwise
Blimey - thats a lot of miles :)

To be honest I work away all week and only get to use the bike on a Saturday (if ive had an arguement with the Mrs otherwise im shopping) or Sunday morning. Its an expensive garage ornament but its worth it! :p

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Are you sure you're not getting the price of the first service and the second service mixed up? If I was charged £350+ for a first service in which it's just an oil change and a general check over, I'd have hit the bloke over the head with a torque wrench. That price is waaaaaay to much for a first service.

Al:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
sounds in between dear and right . think if that was a first ask how much the big 5/6K is going to be as it'd be shame to pass out at the bill ! :D

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I know that Laurie paid around the hundred and fifty mark for his first service at KJM and I paid ... wait for it .... £58;)

Al:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know that Laurie paid around the hundred and fifty mark for his first service at KJM and I paid ... wait for it .... £58;)

Al:D
I will have a service just like yours please! I was hoping to get a remus can fitted at the same time and tell the missus that the can came with service but at the pice quoted on this thread, I couldnt pull that blag off!

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Al did you buy your bike off Tosh?

If so he gives you the first service free, you just pay for oil etc like the jap bikes

I can beat all your costs for the first service

I paid nought, zilch, nada, nothing, zero pence....BEAT THAT:rolling:

seriously i had it done by tosh 1600 miles ago and he has not billed me yet as his missus was off sick

but he now has my bike anyway hopefully sorting the oil leak

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got to take the bike out to see what it's got.

I've decided not to hammer it but gradually increase the revs until its done a 1000 miles..

Anyway, don't know what Red Dog have done but after the service she seems like a different bike... Maybe they remapped the bike ... I will check...

Anyway, I've had loads of different bikes and don't know how to compare the engine of the Benelli. I thought it would be simular to the Triumph but i think its unique. The power is good and for £5995 you can' go wrong... :clap:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I paid for oil and filter for 1st service £50ish second service was thrown in with all the repairs \(alt, oil pump and starter motor)

As the engine had to be been almost completely dismantled and it took them 8 weeks to get the parts I think they waved the 2nd service charge. Or maybe they forgot to give me the bill :D

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi all, my first service done by Bennetts was £180, don't know if good or bad, just seemed about OK and lots of free coffee and a sarnie for lunch. Great bunch of lads, :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please disregard my earlier post the £300 was for a service on my Ducati.:doh:
I should have said "First service £191 at KJM.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts