Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

as i said in my opeing thread in the bikers-bar: Don´t get mad if i bother you with questions.

As I still run a light-weighted Ducati supersport, I would be interested to know the weight of the Tornado 900. I don´t trust the original figures and I only found a test of a 900 LE in a german magazine, which mentioned 205kg with oil, water and full gas tank, but 225kg for the Tornado 1130, also incl. water, oil and full gas tank. Did somebody of you ever measure his/her bike? I think 17 kg of difference is a lot. So.. where is the truth?

2nd question: the bike which I want to buy is a red Tornado with yellow fans. Let´s say that i am not really a fan of yellow colour.... I saw a Tornado with red fans (RS maybe?). Is it possible to change the fans easily? Or is it a lot of work to do so?

Thanks for your efforts in advance

·
5,934 Posts
Did somebody of you ever measure his/her bike?
Just ran Nell (900) over the bathroom scales for you.
Front 131 kg - includes 2 HID ballasts & a few other nick-nacks which maybe add up to an extra 2kg
Rear 104 kg - includes rear rack & AFR Tuner in the tail & sundry other bits - maybe 5kg total.
Tank's on reserve

The LE is full of carbon fibre. The 900 & 1130 aren't. That's where some of your variation will come from.

As far as the fan colour goes - Nathan has an RS that I'm dead certain would take your yellow fans off you. Maybe you could negotiate a swap.
To swap the fans will take you an hour at most. The tail needs to come off, then 8 screws to remove the fan cowling, & 2 screws for each fan.
I've got a dead red fan (from Nathan) that I'll be trying to remove the blades from this weekend. The difficulty is in gripping the drive shaft. So far it seems that the rear bearing will have to removed to get a grip on the shaft. I'm thinking it's not something you would ordinarily want to take on. I'm doing it to see if I can get at the front bearing & replace it.

·
5,934 Posts
If you're contemplating just changing the fan blade unit, it can be levered off by inserting a large flat screwdriver between the back of the blade unit & the fan frame.
The drive shaft has been scored to give some grip to the blade. It's dodgy, so I wouldn't attempt to re-fit the same blade more than is necessary. Some epoxy glue might be useful to ensure a good purchase.

(Front bearing isn't replaceable - unfortunately. Rear one is.)

·
VIN#ten
136 Posts
Weights:

"Originally Posted by Bene Borealis
Tank full 1130
F 116 kg
R 109 kg"

Here are tank full figures from real weighing of some literbikes (Tekniikan maailma (a magazine) had them on the scale about a month ago tank full):

Mille RSV-R Factory, 211 kg
Buell 1125R, 214
Fireblade -08, 201
ZX-10R 209
RC8 200
GSX-R 212
R1 209

1 - 4 of 4 Posts