Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question on 1960s Benelli 2 strokes.

What is the recomended ratio using a modern quality synthetic premix oil?

What is the recomended ratio using a modern castor based (Maxima 927) oil?

I'm currently running a modern synthetic at 32:1 (only because that's the mx used in my string trimmer, and its easier to fuel from the same can!)

I think the "OLD" manuals called for mixing gas with 30wt motor oil at 20:1 (am I correct?)

Any other recomendations on what premix oil to use? and why? and at what ratio?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have just seized my Benelli 125 enduro running it at 32 to 1, its mashed the piston and barrell:doh:

·
Registered
615 Posts
i was using silkolene oil mixed in a can and measured the oil in a kitchen measuring jug. The piston seized in a big way will stick to 25 to 1 in future its cheaper than a new barrell and piston!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
i was using silkolene oil mixed in a can and measured the oil in a kitchen measuring jug. The piston seized in a big way will stick to 25 to 1 in future its cheaper than a new barrell and piston!
Yeah but Silkolene what? Was it mineral oil, or synthetic? They are very different, and not to be confused, or mixed.:rolleyes: Mineral oils are usually run at 20:1 or 25:1, but fully synthetic 2 stroke oil is designed to be run at up to 50:1. I used to run my Fantic & Bultaco trials 2 stroke singles at 45:1 on synthetic, with no problems, and very little smoke. I did run my Greeves trials on Castrol R40 castor oil at 20:1; some people complained about the smell, though!:rolling: I loved it!:clap:

Cheers:D
Ian

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hy there. Just bought benelli 491scooter. Whats the best fuel oil mix ratio for it?
Silkolene scoot made for scooters and low smoke and clean burning

·
Registered
615 Posts
I would try 32/1 and see how much it smokes and check the spark plug after 50 miles. You may then be able to go to 40/1 but best to be cautious first!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts