Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted the fan upgrade today and was thinking about the way the air is going through the rads.
The instructions are translated I think from Italian into Chinese then given to a dislexic nepalese monk to convert into some sort of English:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
I did assertain that there is a new map and was wondering if this reversed the fan direction? As it is now the air will be being pushed back through the rads not the right way!
It would be easy to swap the polarity to reverse the fans and i may be as easy as that. Anyone had this done? Anyone got the upgrade fitted and can tell me the direction of airflow??

·
463 Posts
Dave, i,ve just done the upgrade myself , the instructions are crap but you have to reverse the fan connections, when the fans come on you will feel the hot air blowing out of the rads.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Dave the instructions I used actually described how to pull the pins from the connectors and reverse, :confused: if you need a copy emailed just let me know……….the new map makes the fans come on earlier as well as modifying the stepper and ignition timings a must for all TNT’s.:)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks VTX, just read the instructions again and swapped the wires over,:clap: :clap: getting the new map done when service is due next month.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fans Upgrade

Hi Dave.

Please can you let me have some information about the fan upgrade. Do new bike have this already (mine is an 07 reg) or it is chargeable upgrade?

Many thanks.

NickPTre900:)

·
349 Posts
fan upgrade

Terry,
I have never thanked you properly for your help with my fan upgrade,Thanks a lot it was a great help.The bike is so much better now and is pretty well perfect.I am just waiting for the correct yoke for my Nitron rear shock and then hopefully the handling will be OK as well.I have a 200 section rear Avon Storm on it now and it looks awesome and still handles fine,with the added benefit of giving me more confidence to wind on the power coming out of tight turns etc.
I could probably save some weight by taking off the side stand,because it would possibly stand up on its own now!
The Tornado hardly gets ridden these days.
Zebo.:ele:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Cheers mate my pleasure.........it sounds like you’ve been watching orange county choppers too much, next mod will be to change the rake of the forks go for a 350 back tyre… ooh and get tassels on your jacket :rolling: :rolling: mmmm now there's a thought.
Zebo, would love to see a picture of your back end ;) (the bike that is) ooh err missus.

·
349 Posts
Fan Upgrade

OK TERRY,WILL DO AS LONG AS YOU PROMISE NOT TO LAUGH AT MY HOME MADE END CAP ON THE EXHAUST!:rolling: NOW WHERES THAT DIGITAL CAMERA!!!!!!!!!
ZEBO

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
903 Posts
Nice job!

:p

Nice job there Dave, it looks much better with the matching red fan blades!:clap: You will also get a marked improvement in the cooling of your bike, especially when the summer months arrive (If!)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Kool. I think I know the answer, but just for the fun of it ....

Can you get gold fans for the cafe racer ?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I painted them after matching color.
Etch primer first, plastic primer then color coat.
Apparently the Tre fans wont fit!! So painting is the only option:clap: :clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts