Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!! Seasons greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Festivus, Happy Ramadan or whatever other holidays I missed, happy one of them as well!!

This will most likely be my last year in England, and most likely my last year in the European theatre as well. I really would like to do a large meet up this year either in the Cambridge/Newmarket area or in the London area.

Also, this year, same as last, we will be booking a row in the Desiree Wilson stand section at Brands Hatch and camping from Thursday night thru Monday morning. I offer the same deal as last year. The cost is 107 pounds and if you send me your gear (for the guys coming from out of country) I will store it here at my house and carry it down to Brands for you so can just ride in and not have to deal with carrying too much. I would love to have us all camped near each other. We could have one hell of a setup. If you want me to book tickets for you let me know as I will be booking them in the first week in January. I already have 5 confirmed including myself.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
re : meeting at brands

I would be more than eager to meet all us nelli's riders and wondered what the event at brands would be,ala what race meeting . meeting somewhere like cambridge or something sounds good wondered if to be more central for all wether rockingham would be good for northerners and southerners.maybe get a list of those going and see where sounds good ie atmosphere etc.Brands is the best place for that and more so when your out on track feeling like one of our heroes.I'm more than willing to enlist for camping if work will let me have days off.

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Description

Sorry...I could have been a little clearer on that. It's the Brands Hatch round of World Superbike. Peter Goddard will be there to hang out with us a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Brands WSB the best !

Always go to that brands wsb meet as its got everything even though i travel 250 miles to get there,In 2006 won vip tickets through a television company and felt like a king for the day so for 2008 to be amongst all other benelli owners would also be a good crack .i can't wait:).

G

·
Sorry...I could have been a little clearer on that. It's the Brands Hatch round of World Superbike. Peter Goddard will be there to hang out with us a bit.
Dear MR J Rottin
I shall be down at brands for the WSB marshaling. Will you have a big flag up or some way of finding you guys when you have set up camp.
I will probably be on the marshals campsite on Scratchers Lane. :(
Its a bit quieter over there, i have to be up and about breakfasting at about 7 and i need my sleep. :p
Be nice to walk over and see everyone, if i can find you. :confused:

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sightings

Yes I will have to come up with some way of being seen....Anyone know where I can come up with a 200 ft tall Benelli banner??? No, seriously, I'lll come up with something.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I will also be at Brands, we go down on the Sat and stay at West Malling, riding back on the Monday, last year we left our bikes at one of our members mates house 2 mins walk to the circuit, when you figure out how to identify where you all are, will pop along and say hello :)

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brands Dates

The dates are 1 Aug to 3 Aug but we wil arrive down there on a Thurday and leave on a monday,

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Does anyone know of any decent B&B's near to Brands that cater for bikers?

The good lady doesnt fancy camping for the weekend

Cheers

·
Registered
513 Posts
HHHmm getting married on the 9th of August......still not got my bike back but im really interested ,whats the lastest date to let u know by? :rolleyes:

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
I'm up for a meet at brands but will probably go for B&B with Mrs Pops so as Kurt says can someone give pointers of where to stay

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Does anyone know of any decent B&B's near to Brands that cater for bikers?

The good lady doesnt fancy camping for the weekend

Cheers
I do, It's called Belle Vue Old Folks Home and is run by a Mr Lloyd Benton! Only a few miles from Brands!

·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
brands

I do think Lloyd lives down there somewhere. I will be ordering my tickets this week. Didn't get to it before I went to the land of the sand again. The tickets including camping and seats and grandstand access comes to 110 pounds (107 exactly i think and some shipping charges) and I will be buying seats reserved on the start finish straight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts