Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I may be trading / Consignment the 2006 model C.R in once it has been fixed. I would like to know from any 2008 owners the following

What issues have they had with their models
has the overfuelling issue been resolved from new
Has the clutch machanics been resolved.
What recalls on this model have they done, I am sure quality issues have been resolved by now.

Any problems, please let me know. Will go towards making a good / bad decision in the future.

:rolleyes:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Mallard I would stick with the 06 once they sort it out.
How many miles did you manage to put on it.
With regards to the differences - who knows what they have done on the newer models. If there is a big difference in price I would not upgrade. It sounds like Benelli in Aus are trying to take care of you guys there, with being pro active on the upgrades/recalls.

·
3,085 Posts
yep

the guys at Benelli Oz, SCPS are very approachable and genuine, thankfully they are sticking to their guns and customers and pursevering with fixing all the bikes, as we will most likely be their next customers, unless i buy a bimota ;-), which they sell too.:bow:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The C.R 2006

Kilometers = 1919 km. just out of "run in mode"

Anybody know of where to get a DNA filter for this in Australia

·
3,085 Posts
yep

Serco in Qld bring them in, the tornado, tnt and Tre-K ones are all indentical, cost about $120 to $130 AUD, should be able to order from any bike shop or call Serco direct
google em

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Mallard I would stick with the 06 once they sort it out.
How many miles did you manage to put on it.
With regards to the differences - who knows what they have done on the newer models. If there is a big difference in price I would not upgrade. It sounds like Benelli in Aus are trying to take care of you guys there, with being pro active on the upgrades/recalls.
couple of other things.
The 08 will have a cat and O2 sensor.
The mirrors are different. I prefer the 06 ones.
The rear turn signals ( indicators) are also different. Again I prefer the 06.
Have not noticed any other changes. But have not really looked for any.

·
Registered
784 Posts

I can see where the O2 sensor would be good to have. :D Damn rich bikes..Is this something that can be added on to previous bikes and then remapped to act on the readings? I wonder?
I haven't seen any 08 ones. Does any one have close up shots so we can see these differences.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
I can see where the O2 sensor would be good to have. :D Damn rich bikes..Is this something that can be added on to previous bikes and then remapped to act on the readings? I wonder?
I haven't seen any 08 ones. Does any one have close up shots so we can see these differences.
You're out of luck. The sensor does not help over all mapping. Only low revs.
I'll see if I can go and get some pics of the 08.
Paul

·
Registered
78 Posts
+1 to other comments. SCPS have been good to me too. I can understand your frustration and interest in switching but Im going to perservere with the 07'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts