Benelli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy normally I'm on the leoncino bit but just bought myself a125 Benelli and a Honda from......is the chinelli 125 a loud Tappy motor from stock or do I need to do a valve adjustment cos this thing sounds like it's sending Morse code messages from the top end and I'm certain it ain't diesel......I'm new to this bike and need some advice in return when I find my feet I'll pass down all my knowledge as I go.cheers

·
Registered
609 Posts
I wouldn’t think it should be particularly tappy. Get the valves checked. Is it an automatic cam chain adjuster on this engine? If not check that as well. Sorry don’t know this engine but hopefully someone who does will be along soon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm of same op

Opinion I'll rip the cover off tonight and have a sus with my feelers

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can check the valves to be sure they're in speck (0.08mm-0.1mm all around). But yes this engine is fairly tappy. There is a plate above the valves in in the valve cover that's tinny and kinda projects the sound of the valves. My 135 valves sounds louder than I would think but everything is timed and in spec.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet man just learner a whole heap of new swear words on the intake passenger side one but got em after finally finding specs.some bloke on you tube had a manual in his links.put new plugs in the NGK items sit a bit deeper into the head.now it's time to ditch the cat and find an air box mod.on paper it should be faster than a grom but it ain't and prob another bike from chinelli thats too fat for its own good........do you how to rid this thing of the and????fuse? I did it to my leoncino 500 but lost Speedo too.i don't understand the need for and on this bike....what goods a grom if you can't lock it up.the leoncino has a bar mounted switch but can't find anything on this I'm only thinking it's abs cos the extra hoses to the calipers.....cheers for stepping up with the valve specs mate

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just looked at brakes there's no sensor or slots in rotors for the abs signal but it feel like it is abs pulsing?wtf.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts