Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until I walk out of the office for the last time! :clap:

Pretty scary stuff actually .. feeling a bit bemused really :confused:
Brilliant job, great career and then suddenly retiring has become reality. Oh well, more time to play with bikes and pester this forum I suppose!

Will need to think of what to do next quickly before my wife decides for me .. DIY hell is not on my agenda!

Might even have to get another road bike after all.

Couple of days worth of parties coming up now .. will re-emerge on here when the hangover wears off!:) :)

Mike ... now officially classed as an 'old git'.

Reactions: ROBFM

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Congrats on ya retirement.. :clap:

And sod the DIY.. :D

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Well done on retiring Mike, enjoy the last day at work - I guess you should take games in just like the last day of term at primary school!!

ENJOY THE PARTIES :ele: :ele:

DIY hell - dear god no, go and get another road bike and make for the hills, it'll be far more fun.

If you are passing our way, please feel free to pop in for a cuppa, door is always open.

cheers, Fraser

·
Registered
885 Posts
A dream come true, to retire and have good health and plenty time to fettle around doing as much or as little as you fancy, enjoy your retirement:clap:

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
A dream realised,doesn't happen every day,congrats mate:bow:

Cant wait for that day myself(just another 20 odd years to do:doh: )

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Congratulations, Mike, I am sure you will fill your new found time well!:clap:

How about a road bike and an off-road bike? Heading for the hills would take on a whole new meaning....!

Cheers:D
Ian

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Indeed big congrats :clap:
Your post has got me thinking, 5yrs 3mths to go. Not that I'm counting LOL
Productively filling your time is so important for future health, including state of mind.
When I was working deep sea, I never had a problem with lengthy periods of leave. Trick was to have lots of passtimes *and* the wings to do them all :)
I have many a provisional plan, ranging from travel to racing , and a fair few in between :D
Enjoy!

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hi Mike

If you're reading this at work, not long to go now, enjoy the last wee while

If you're reading it at home or in the pub etc, then START THE PARTY NOW and have a drink from me. Well done again!!

All teh Best
Fraser (not retired - but started a very long countdown)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
good luck mike in your retirement and thats more time in polishing any new metal and not hopefully too much DIY . Not long much more for me just under twenty years !:D .

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Nice one Mike and well deserved. Enjoy every minute of your new found time. :bow: :clap: :bow:

Looking at these other posts with some saying they have around 20 years to go has fairly cheered me up :)

Angus, you can't be about 40!!!!........................ you look much older than that :rolling:

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Hey congrats m8 extra time to fettle some more bhp from the classic race bike or just make it look like she goes faster:D

Have fun in your retirement

·
Registered
864 Posts
Congrats Mike
Soon you will wonder how you ever had the time to fit in a full time career!
Now is definitely the time to get yourself a new Benelli :D

·
Ready for summer
381 Posts
Enjoy

All the best with whatever you get upto in the years to come
most important of all is to ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY :D :D :D

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
Looking at these other posts with some saying they have around 20 years to go has fairly cheered me up :)
bloody hell i've another 33 years to go yet :bawl: :doh: :bawl: :doh:
enjoy your free time & like someone else said buy an off roader & have some fun!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I'm 47 in January so thats 18 years :bawl: - might take early retirement and go live abroad (Scotland ? :rolling: ).

Best Wishes to Mike for his fortunate position and let the good times roll ....:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts