Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided after starting a resto that I would much rather build a cafe racer. So here's where I'm at right now: the engine is getting fully serviced by a local custom shop, and I've been slowly doing everything else in the little spare time I have. At first I was going to keep the original tank and build a seat pan to match it, but I came across a mojave tank and I couldn't pass it up. Tank and seat pan will be finished in matte black. I know mojave tanks are getting a bit too common on cafe racers, but in my head it's justified because it's actually on a benelli instead of a piece of jap scrap.

here are a couple of pics of where I am right now. Any suggestions or criticism are welcome!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice work, nice garage to
Thanks. I pretty stoked about getting this project done, I'm hoping I can have it on the road in the next couple of months.
the garage is my work shop where I store some of my equipment. Half hour drive from home, but a good excuse to work on the bike instead of watching chick flicks with the wife.

·
Banned
96 Posts
Hi Dan,

Your cafe project looks great. Do you know what the tank is originally off? I've been looking at various options for a "bike from bits" project and that tank appears to be a good fit.

Cheers,

Tony

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks great so far. I recently acquires a 2C myself and getting it street worthy so will be watching closely.
This is very much a "spare time" project and I doubt it'll be done any time soon. I'll post pics of progress once in a while, but I haven't even looked at it since I posted this thread.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Dan,

Your cafe project looks great. Do you know what the tank is originally off? I've been looking at various options for a "bike from bits" project and that tank appears to be a good fit.

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks Tony. The tank is a reproduction from a benelli mojave. Around here they are the most common tanks on cafe racers, mostly used on old Hondas. Due to the recent demand, there are many companies reproducing them. It was a last minute decision after one of my employees "accidentally" hit the original tank with a snow plow while pulling a truck into my shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts