Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just completed a complete restoration of a 69' Barracuda Egg Motor but am having trouble getting the ignition timing set so it will start. I have spark, the points ae gapped properly and it appears the points are opening at he appropriate time (at the A on the Magneto) Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I've just completed a complete restoration of a 69' Barracuda Egg Motor but am having trouble getting the ignition timing set so it will start. I have spark, the points ae gapped properly and it appears the points are opening at he appropriate time (at the A on the Magneto) Does anyone have any suggestions?
Is that a two stroke engine ? If so it should be firing at about 19 degrees btdc. An engine this old I would determine true tic and work from there.

·
Registered
1978 750 sei
138 Posts
I don’t like starting fluid- but perhaps a squirt down the carb to assure you are getting fuel?

Is the spark nice and ‘hot’?
It should at least start even with the Timing off a bit.
When I first picked up my latest ‘egg’, the then current owner couldn’t start it. Nothing. But I tried the old ‘full throttle’ and three kicks later it was running. Just holding the throttle fully open when kicking sometimes will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts