Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, wondering if anybody with information & help wit my wee benelli single. I bought it 2 yrs ago as a 360 but subsequently now figured out it's a 260, have an expensive new piston kit for 360 so considering finding a 360 barrel. Info on these bikes is thin on the ground, the two models look identical and the parts are not stamped so bit tricky, As I understand it the 260 is 6mm bore, the 360 71mm bore, what I need to know is -
is the crank & stroke the same, are the cyl heads with valves the same - they look the same and the gasket set is the same.
any help would be gratefully received as this bike in all areas is driving me mad, I had to buy a set of complete Ducati Scrambler forks from Italy as I all the Marzocchi internals had rotted away and couldn't be found,
now need to adapt brake plate and mudguard to fit forks - the joys !
ps my other Benelli, a 1130 Trek is great fun.
thanks, Colin Drake, Glasgow

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello Colin, I do not own a Ward Mojave myself, but I have some info from the Benelli club here in the Netherlands that may help you a little bit.
Alhtough the 260 and 360 look identical, there are significant internal differences

The 260 has a bore of 68mm and a stroke of 71mm,
The 360 has a bore of 71mm and a stroke of 90mm

So this means that the cranks for both models are definitely not identical.
Compression ratios are different too, 9.5: 1 for the 260 and 9.0 :1 for the 360.
These bikes are thin on the ground in the UK and mainland Europe. although the Benelli club NL sells maintenance manuals and part manuals for these bikes.
https://benelli.nl/techniek/24-benelli-en-motobi-manuals-for-sale

Hope this helps.
Peter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
360 Mojave

Hello Colin, I do not own a Ward Mojave myself, but I have some info from the Benelli club here in the Netherlands that may help you a little bit.
Alhtough the 260 and 360 look identical, there are significant internal differences

The 260 has a bore of 68mm and a stroke of 71mm,
The 360 has a bore of 71mm and a stroke of 90mm

So this means that the cranks for both models are definitely not identical.
Compression ratios are different too, 9.5: 1 for the 260 and 9.0 :1 for the 360.
These bikes are thin on the ground in the UK and mainland Europe. although the Benelli club NL sells maintenance manuals and part manuals for these bikes.
https://benelli.nl/techniek/24-benelli-en-motobi-manuals-for-sale

Hope this helps.
Peter.
Hi Peter, thanks for your reply, that's been helpful, it's allowed me to progress my ideas on how to get it going again. I've emailed your colleague in the Dutch Benelli Club to order a Worksop manual - think I'm going to need it !
cheers, Colin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.