Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Benelli 1130TNT 05
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out for a spin on the TNT 1130 Last weekend in 40 degrees to check/test the cooling and temperature
Gauge as has always ran on the centre line position over the last 1400 miles
When on the move above 3500rpm it ran just above the centre line but through town and sub 30 mpg went up to the 3/4 mark and back down no problem when on the move
So all in all very pleased.
What a tool!! Makes me smile馃憤
Can also highly recommend the Nobo lithium battery. No problems starting hot or cold.

Registered
My TNT has always done well in heat. Though I do smell coolant when the bike is shut after riding. All new hoses, cap. Pump rebuilt. No leaks from radiators or pump.

Registered
My TNT has always done well in heat. Though I do smell coolant when the bike is shut after riding. All new hoses, cap. Pump rebuilt. No leaks from radiators or pump.
Hello I still have a oil leek at my water pump weep hole even though I took it apart and the oil seal looks good. I will take it apart again and replace the seal any tips or advice what to look out for since you guys seem to have some experience.
Another thing is there seems to be a little spray of oil around the bottom of the clutch basket could that originate from the other side or is it from the clutch !?

Cheers Sammy
Microphone Audio equipment Auto part Metal Engineering

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Registered
I would replace the seal on the shaft. In my experience that was where my oil leak was. I did add a bit of gasket sealant around it as well before installing.

Registered
I would replace the seal on the shaft. In my experience that was where my oil leak was. I did add a bit of gasket sealant around it as well before installing.
You are talking about the one with the spring or the mechanical seal ?
Also there is a seal behind the second ball bearing which I wasn't able to remove. What is the best way of getting out the ball bearings ?
cheers

Registered
Also looking at the diagram now I find that my waterpump was put together wrong by the previous owner.
The mechanical seal was the wrong way round because the spring was facing the fan.
Also I have a plastic ring in between the 2 seals which doesnt show up on any parts diagram. !?
Microphone Audio equipment Line Auto part Metal
Font Line Auto part Circle Drawing

Above the picture of the shaft the way it was when I took it out. On the right the mechanical seal seems to be the other way around and also the one in behind that !

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks

Registered
I have never taken one of these apart but usually a mechanical seal has a carbon (quite hard and brittle) material on one side opposite the spring and this runs against another hard ring, one part static and the other spinning. The spinning part would have an o ring ? to seal it to the shaft, and the static part would seal to the housing. Not sure if that helps. I think 12 on diagram is the seal and the white ring And is possibly the wrong way around. But as I said never had one apart.

Registered
Benelli 1130TNT 05
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if this will be of any help but I have a complete seal kit as a back up that I got from Bennets in Barnsley. Its not for sale but on my return home after the weekend it can check the type sizes and new condition of the seal kit
I think I paid 拢38 18 months ago

Registered
Went out for a spin on the TNT 1130 Last weekend in 40 degrees to check/test the cooling and temperature
Gauge as has always ran on the centre line position over the last 1400 miles
When on the move above 3500rpm it ran just above the centre line but through town and sub 30 mpg went up to the 3/4 mark and back down no problem when on the move
So all in all very pleased.
What a tool!! Makes me smile馃憤
Can also highly recommend the Nobo lithium battery. No problems starting hot or cold.
Do you have any mods to help with cooling? Uprated fans or such ?
Thank You

Registered
Benelli 1130TNT 05
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know if this will be of any help but I have a complete seal kit as a back up that I got from Bennets in Barnsley. Its not for sale but on my return home after the weekend it can check the type sizes and new condition of the seal kit
I think I paid 拢38 18 months ago
Only the "o"rings and one seal marked n0929 are standard ones in the kit the other two are special being made up of rubber type compound one side and a spring loaded graphite on the other plus another made up of rubber type compound and a porcelain flat surface On the other.
More research needed I think as I have not needed to use it yet but it did drop coolant while long term idle which has stopped dripping while being used regularly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts