Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i wanted to see if anyone else with a Benelli 502C is experiencing high vibration from 6000rpm onwards.
I can feel them especially on the saddle and the foot pegs. So much that just after 30 min of riding when i get off the bike i get pins and needls.

Please share your thoughts, thank you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi just bought a 2019 502c on a 22 plate had it since June now done 500mls the post above is exactly my problem when you start the bike cold there is no vibration ,after a couple of miles it starts mainly right hand footpeg and seat but also handlebars vibrate to such a degree it I get pins and needles as well question was your problem ever fixed or did you sell the bike, ps dealer not very helpful yet they ride the bike and said they could not feel it [vibrations] want them to fix if possible I like the bike such a shame

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi. Same story here! I reported the problem to the dealer and they said they could not feel any major vibrations. The mechanic told me (in all honesty), that those are “made in china” and that’s what you get. It’s a real shame coz the bike is beautiful

·
Registered
10 Posts
(Hi Everyone, new member but old boy): Parallel twins do vibrate more than other layouts, by the nature of the design: The engine here I think is a 360 crank which is meant to be smoother than a 180 design but it doesn't cure everything. Hence all the tedious internal mucking about with balancer wheels, 270 cranks etc. If you're hitting 6000+RPM on an engine with 500 miles on it (Benelli says it's 1000km or 600+ miles to run it in) chances are it's still bedding in and it would ease out over time. My own 502C, which I love, had 3000 miles on it when i got it, and still felt tight, now I've 4,500 miles it's noticibly smoother: I tend to burble around high gear low revs in town but done some 300 mile high speed runs and it's been fine. Usual suspects for serious vibration are the engine mounts: Sounds too new to suffer perished rubber but they may have come loose, low engine oil, unbalanced wheels when tyres were fitted etc etc. A partially blocked injector or inconstant fuel quality (knocking) would throw the engine off balance as well through misfring, but there'd be other very noticable symptoms it that was the cause.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts