Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me as I'm a newbie to a highly modified '79 504 Sport....is there a special plug spanner needed to get the plugs out? I have a thin walled one but I cannot get it in...oo er...Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
622 Posts
You will need a Benelli spark plug tool to remove them I haven’t found a socket yet that fits through the cyclinder head. The good news is that the Benellimotobiclubgb sell them it’s also worth joining that club as there are lots of people who may be able to help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all - your replies are appreciated. I have now succeeded by using a Honda original spark plug tool p/n 89216-323-000. All is good now and she'll be running as expected soon. Another fun fact - I have since discovered this bike was built as a Yarno Saarinen replica by a gent in the Benelli club of Spain. It is fitted with a set of Pasolini curved megaphones...boy o boy its LOUD.....:cool:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thanks all - your replies are appreciated. I have now succeeded by using a Honda original spark plug tool p/n 89216-323-000. All is good now and she'll be running as expected soon. Another fun fact - I have since discovered this bike was built as a Yarno Saarinen replica by a gent in the Benelli club of Spain. It is fitted with a set of Pasolini curved megaphones...boy o boy its LOUD.....:cool:
There's a lot of similarities between the Benelli 354 engine and the Honda 400/4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts