Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reluctantly considering selling my 57 plate 3,000mile 1130 in silver/antracite grey - for £7250.:bawl:

Its in vgood condition with new(ish) Dunlop 209GP racer front and Qualifier RR rear Tyres, DNA air filter and Iridum plugs. Just had a full 11,000mile service (did this early as wanted to have the bike 110% checked out whilst still under factory waranty) costing £500 and all waranty work completed.

Bike is as seen at Hartside and Rogets Benelli gatherings and as riden by Angus at Kirby Lonsdale.

Reason - Its too expensive to drop at trackdays which is where I want to do my fast riding in future & misus won't let me have 3 bikes, I'm changing jobs back to self employed so could do with the cash to buy a car.

If anyone is interested then send me a pm... I'll post some images on this thread later.

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Shame to hear that you're thinking of selling the 1130, but understand the circumstances completely.

To anyone thinking about it, this is a great bike in mint condition from a genuine owner who really cared for it, snap it up while you can.

cheers, Fraser

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Photo of 1130 for sale

I have uploaded a phot of my 1130 - its just done a 400 mile round trip so is not polished and shiny.
If anyone is realy interested before I get tempted to put it on eBay I'll post some more detailed photos after ive had a chance to give it a good polish!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Sorry to hear of the sale Nigel im sure you will miss it. Good to hear you will still be at the Scottish 2010 jaunt though :)

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
i thought that when angus rode it at devils bridge they did match quite well didn't they;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes and he thought the extra power was just what he needed to.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Sounds like Adrian and Chris are on commision ;) , they are right though i did like it and loved the dry clutch and the lower rev area of power maybe if i gave Nigel £3K plus a nice RS we'd keep him in the Benelli fold :) . you can get a nice van for £3K cant you ?. I'm so glad that i didnt push it to its extremes seeing as at the time nigel had found it was leaking oil onto the rear tyre and i'm glad the problem was sorted :clap: .

If i didnt buy it i could do a nice little sale of some matching leathers :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Nice looking machine prefere that colour scheme to the new green silver set up . sure it will sell .best of luck

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Sorry to hear you are parting with your Nellie, Nigel. You are right though, it is better to part with it before you bin it on the track;)

Question - what are you planning to use as a track bike?

Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ian - I'm open to suggestions.

I would realy love to stay away from the Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki brigade although price and spares should dictate this is the right way.

If the Triumph 675 was cheap enough this would be great - but doubt it.

A Ducati 749 might fit the bill if it wernt for the possible fragility and cost of parts when binned.

Aprillia mille might be the answer???

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Sorry to hear you are selling ya Nelli Nigel. Tis a great looking bike and goes like stink.. :clap:

Are you leaving the front and rear special bits on. ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Bike is Standard excluding the DNA filter, Irridum plugs and all the "drive by" noise restriction set-up comprising cables, solenoid and flaps in the airbox and exhaust have been removed.
So there are no "special" bits on the bike to remove - it goes well as standard.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
So there are no "special" bits on the bike to remove - it goes well as standard.
:rolling: No Nigel, I was talking about the OTHER bits.. ;)
You know, part off which could be seen attached to the rear reflector below the number pate..
View attachment 1808

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These seem to be discontinued - so i'm hanging onto these for the next road bike I get that I may be tempted to go too fast on.

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Nigel

About 18 months ago Bill Smiths in Chester were selling fully race prepped Triumph 675s for 5k. I nearly bought one but got my late lamented Nelli instead. If you rake about you should find one at the right price. Meanwhile if you fancy a nice TZ or RD I have a shed full ........... .

Hope to see you at a 2010 Nelli do somewhere .. might be Benelli less but won't miss the gatherings if I can help it. Mike :D

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Nigel.

Funny you should mention the 675, as that was the bike I was homing into for trackdays. As you suggested, though, they don't come cheap. The 2 that sparkey provided links to didn't reach reserve, although bidding was either side of £5k. Also, although they are light and will corner quickly, the 'blades etc will still stomp past you on the big straights, even if you are quicker in the corners. You can end up over-riding it trying to keep up. This may not be good for your health. I know this....;)
There is no substitute for horsepower; in the right chassis, of course; IMHO.

Cheers:D
Ian

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the advice on trackday bikes..... 1st I have to sell the 1130. When it comes back from having the last of it's waranty work finished I'll try eBay with a sensible reserve. If it doesn't sell I'll wait till silly season next yr
The RSV Mille is looking favourable for a trackday bike as several have sold around the 2.5k mark

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
If your looking for a sorted track bike keep an eye out at the remaining BSB rounds most of the superstock teams will be trying to sell their bikes to get the latest models or go up a class. Most are with spare fairings WOW's and spares if need at reasonable prices. I will have a dig round at Croft and see's who's selling what if I get a chance.

Steve

1 - 20 of 26 Posts