Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just read that Benelli has received 38 million dollars from there Chinese owners to develop a new 600cc 4 cylinder dubbed the Quattro, complete with hub-centre steering with a Bimota Tesi style chassis and suspension. It promises to be a revolution in its 600cc class. Claimed to make 97kw at 15,500 rpm. It could be on sale in the next two years. Will we ever see it?

I made a few enquires about a trade in price(out of interest) on my 08 Amazonas (with 4000km on the clock,so "as new") last week. The best offer was........wait for it........$9000AU!!!!! :doh:
I paid $17,500 less than 6 months ago, they were $22000 at one stage I think. I was told there is a new model coming out next year(899?) that will be $15000 on road. Priced about the same as a Tiger.

That depreciation is way worse than my 05 GSXR when I traded that with 20,000 KM on it. And I got $15000 trade in for my Tuono with 9000k's. I was also told that they are something that very few people want to buy. As a salesman he worked on the theory that 6 people in Victoria want a Benelli/MV/Guzzi and 5 already have one.

I can see why they dropped in price when I saw the new Multistrada with a revised 1198 motor and ABS, traction control etc etc. It looks like a really great bike dual purpose bike.

What will mine be worth with 20,000k on it?

·
3,085 Posts
well

they are a small boutique, brand, secondhand in Oz is always poor, just like my husky enduro bike, when i last spoke to the aussie importers they arent bring in any tnt and TreK 899 models as aussies only buy the bigger cc'ed bikes anyhow.

secondand laverdas, Moto morini, aprilias all go for lower prices than MV and dukes, go figure?

·
Registered
71 Posts

Would love to see this bike in production. Less is more sometimes. Also on my wishlist would be a 450 Aprilia road production bike using the 450/550 vtwin in the old RS250 chassis. Yum Yum........

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Would love to see this bike in production. Less is more sometimes. Also on my wishlist would be a 450 Aprilia road production bike using the 450/550 vtwin in the old RS250 chassis. Yum Yum........
Yeah! I can only imagine it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts