Benelli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently Purchased a 600S which is restricted for learners, I'm just wondering what is involved in removing the restrictor, I have found a stop on the throttle body which looks fairly easy to remove but is there anything else that needs to be done?

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
nope - that's all there is to it

gidday fella :) I haven't done this myself (just doing my research but thinking I'm 99.99% convinced I should just go ahead and buy one of these) - but the dealer I was speaking to said it's exactly just that: remove the throttle restrictor.

He specifically said that the Benelli is UNLIKE the other Japanese bikes that are becoming more commonly limited at the ECU as well.
So no reprogramming required - just remove that notch on the throttle body and then you get about 2-3 times as much twist on the throttle :) And a great big grin on your face as you watch the needle climb from 7000 RPM :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I pulled out my throttle restriction after I had completed the 1500km break in period and first service. I don't know if the other models like the R have different maps or anything but there is no problem with my one getting to its redline now.
I played around with that plug under the seat and all it does it stop stuff showing up on the dash when it is removed, I think it was the water temp or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts