Benelli Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Does anyone know of a tool to remove the drive sprocket retaining nut ? I've a couple of castellated sockets from my Honda Four but they are the wrong size, I can maybe turn it with a drift but I'd prefer not to try if there's a proper tool. I could always make one from an old socket but I prefer to use something that's a proper fit rather than something I've bodged. The driveshaft oilseal appears to be leaking.
On another topic my tacho wont rev beyond 2-3 k rpm, the cable inner seems to be spinning but before I send the tacho off for repair is there anything else I should consider, ie; is the cable being driven properly at the engine end? I'm in the UK if anyone can recommend a UK instrument repairer for Veglia and/or any means of identifying the problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,
Most tacho/speedo faults like that are due to faulty cables. remove the inner and give everything a good clean then re lubricate and see how it goes. The Veglia instruments on this machine have a (justufiably) poor reputation for accuracy, but really, if time and trouble is taken to correctly calibrate them (the factory didnt bother) they are ok. As to the sprocket nut removal there is a special tool in the tornado650 manual but you like everyone else who has a Tornado has to improvise due to it's rocking poo status

1 - 2 of 2 Posts