Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you speak Italian you'll know what this guy is saying in this 899s review...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp7XPdnsJMo

Would you mind giving a brief overview of what the reviewer is saying? I assume part of it is just the basics that we can all read in the brochure, so I'm particularly interested to hear the riding impressions/pros/cons/comparisons to the 1130 tnt.

Cheers (grazie!) :D

Greg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Copied this over from the Tornado forum where I also asked for Italian speaker help...accidentally posted TnT talk in there :doh:

Hey Choc
just watched the video on youtube and the bloke said that the 899 is similar to the 1130,but the 1130 is more consistent power through it's engine range.and the 899 is still good but maybe a better bike for beginners.
everything else is similar to the 1130.oh and it's a bit better on fuel.which you really don't care when your having so much fun,just pull in to a servo.:D
but still a great bike.
Hi,
I've just watched the YouTube video too, but my interpretation was as Madwog72's but with the addition of-

"Get your Ass down to a dealer and try either of these goddam machines and you will fall in Love with them, as with Any Benelli" :rolling:

aaaaah, the wonders of Benelli ! :bow:

A pleasure to be of help :D

Rob
Nice work guys :bow: :bow: :bow: It seems the Italian I did at primary school amounted to zip :confused:

Sounds very promising. It would be a shame if the 899 had a substantially different engine characher than the 1130. My main concern is the torque characteristics might make the engine a bit inline 4'ish. For example, the 899's [email protected] is very similar to the Kawa Z750 i4 donk's [email protected] I'm just not a fan of inline 4 power delivery. Respect em...just don't want to ride em on the road

Dammit I want to test ride them both (899/1130)! I can only hope a new dealer sets up shop here in Brisbane so I can find out first hand which one is for me.

To be honest if a dealer doesn't open up in time, it would be a brave move to buy a new Benelli with no dealer in koo-wee for warranty work and parts.

Re fuel range, I was also wondering if the lower cc engine would be less thirsty than then 1130. When I went for rides over the border into NSW through the mountain ranges, it's great to be able to explore without worring about running out of gas on a lonely mountain road. A reliable 200km from a tank can come in handy. For a couple of rides on my monster (with approx 180km/tank) I used to carry a couple of liters of fuel in my backpack in one of those metal camping fuel bottles. Needed to use it a couple of times :rolleyes:

Cheers

Greg

·
3,085 Posts
suss out

wwwraptorsandrockets.com
they have a english video review of the tnt 899, also motorctcle daily has a written review, check out you tube aswell.
Hell i bought my RS when the factory was closed with no promise it was gonna open again, best decision i ever made.:)

·
442 Posts
Here we go again Choc:rolling:
there saying practically the same stuff in the other video.
but also mention that it is different power delivery compared to it's rivels,the V twins and i4.(so it should'nt be the same as the i4.)
this vid was a bit hard to understand for all the droning noise in the backround.sounds like he taped it in a room.
i think it dosen't matter which one you go for just you'll have a hoot of a time on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here we go again Choc:rolling:
there saying practically the same stuff in the other video.
but also mention that it is different power delivery compared to it's rivels,the V twins and i4.(so it should'nt be the same as the i4.)
this vid was a bit hard to understand for all the droning noise in the backround.sounds like he taped it in a room.
i think it dosen't matter which one you go for just you'll have a hoot of a time on it.
Thanks mate. I worked out my nearest dealer is 11 hours drive away, so am wondering if that'll get a tad inconvenient?? :rolling:

·
442 Posts
Hey Choc,i've got some vid's on youtube.also on oran park if you want to see it.my username on youtube is,passieo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts