Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have the carb problem fixed, another problem has reared its head. On my second outing I had a problem getting the switch to work. It has a new battery and all fuses are good and making contact. I turned the key off and on repeatedly and nada. After sitting around in the bank parking lot for about ten minutes, I turned the key and Bingo! So, I get home, shut it down and turn the key-nada. I checked to see if the red wire to the switch was getting juice- yep, 13.2 volts. I think I need a new switch.

The question: Is there a readily available substitute for the original switch? If not, what is a good source for the Benelli part?

Thank you for the help.

George

·
Registered
615 Posts
Selwyn motorcycles in Balsham have new switches i bought one for my 900 recently. Hope this helps

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I tried spraying contact cleaner into the keyhole and it seems to have helped.

I think they are available from MG Cycle, a Guzzi supplier in the USA.

George

·
Registered
615 Posts
Moto Guzzi ignition switches are the same as used on the Le MANS , T3 OF THE 1980 S . Be care ful with a faulty ignition switch it has the full power of the battery going through it[30 amps]. Mine caught fire nearly lost the bike only just managed to put the flames out before thinking about abandoning the bike.

·
Registered
392 Posts
For the very mean, the switches are easy to dissemble - just three tabs to bend at the base, clean and regrease with electrical grease. If it's got hot the springs will be weakened and the switch is scrap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts