Benelli Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I am restoring a 1983 900 Sei. I have a NOS main wiring loom and 99% of it indeed exactly matches the crusty old one except in one area. The “branch” of the loom that comes off where there is a black with white tracer to the starter relay, and a red with a ring terminal that goes to the starter really same terminal as the battery cable, and a sky blue wire that goes to the rectifier, there is also a brown that goes to the other spade terminal on the starter relay. So far this is all identical to the old. The head scratcher for me is, that brown wire on the new loom has another brown wire Siamese into the connector which begins a new small branch of wires in their own sheath and these include the brown of course, as well as a sort red with ring terminal on on end, female spade on the other, and a short black with similar terminals. Where do these go? I should mention the bike when purchased was a non-running but mostly complete bike with a frozen motor. I have no history on it and don’t know whether the original loom was ever modified but it appears not to have been and the brown wire in question does not appear to have had anything snipped away. The shop manual wiring diagram has a number of discrep with the real loom both for colors and some for connections. Photo shows the new loom and the “where do these go” wires.
Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts