Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am Hans from Germany. I have a 750 and 900 SEI and some other two wheel stuff. :)

I was not able to locate replacement pickups for the 900 so far. Already soldered new wires and know I could change to a "Sachse" but I want to go another route.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
You will be able to source used pick-ups from Detlef at Benelliparts.de for 45 euros each

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi guys, I am Hans from Germany. I have a 750 and 900 SEI and some other two wheel stuff. :)

I was not able to locate replacement pickups for the 900 so far. Already soldered new wires and know I could change to a "Sachse" but I want to go another route.

Any ideas?
Hello Hans,
I tried re-soldering new wires on Sei pick ups myself, but had an intermittent missfire, so gave up on the Bosch system and bought a Sachse.

You could use a Boyer, Newtronic/Optonic or Pirahna electronic type for a Honda CB500/550/750 four as I think the pick ups are all wired in series. You would have to get a third pick up and make your own backplate/cam though and do some modifications to connect to the igniter unit. I have in the past spoken to Boyer in the UK and they can supply all the bits you may need if you want to go down that road, but none of the above make one specifically for the Sei.
I have had CB500/550 Newtronic and Boyer systems over the years which fitted straight onto to my Benelli Fours, and obviously the ignition curve is compatible but the Sachse has a multiple adjustable curve/map and is a more modern system with a rev limiter option, so it was worth the extra cost.
Good luck!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hans..... I looked at all the options for my 750 SEI and went with Sasche. Very happy with the results. My motorcycles starts more easily, warms up quickly and runs better than ever! My only reservation is that most of these systems require removal of the standard advancer plate. With out it, there is no way to check idle and full advance, with a strobe light! I’m currently fabricating a metal degree wheel and clamp, to install at the opposite end of the crankshaft. In this way, I will be able to run the engine and do this final check!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts