Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just been for an hours ride bike went fine filled up with petrol then tried to start battery just put out enough for one turn. Left it for 10 minutes and hey presto started no problem. Checked with voltmeter when I got back 13.5V going into battery when bike running. Any ideas?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I had a loose connection on the solinoid that caused a similar problem, but equally a faulty battery could cause similar symptoms.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi
Just been for an hours ride bike went fine filled up with petrol then tried to start battery just put out enough for one turn. Left it for 10 minutes and hey presto started no problem. Checked with voltmeter when I got back 13.5V going into battery when bike running. Any ideas?
Had the engine tightened up ? When you switch off the engine heat rises,if it happens again try to kick it over and see if there's any tightness,otherwise it's probably electrical.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had the engine tightened up ? When you switch off the engine heat rises,if it happens again try to kick it over and see if there's any tightness,otherwise it's probably electrical.
Have a look at the connections on the starter relay, it’s the same set up as the old bmw’s and that’s a common issue on those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts