Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to ride down to the training today , filled up to the brim before leaving, and was on fumes by the time I arrived. distance 160kms/99 miles

That seems a bit heavy?? I wasnt exactly pushing along sat in top gear around 6500rpm at 160/170kph on the motorway.

Did the same trip 3 weeks ago on an old fzr750 at the same speeds on 10 euros of fuel without hitting reserve.

I know they are supposedly thirsty, but feck me thats a whole lotta fuel gone..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Had to ride down to the training today , filled up to the brim before leaving, and was on fumes by the time I arrived. distance 160kms/99 miles

That seems a bit heavy?? I wasnt exactly pushing along sat in top gear around 6500rpm at 160/170kph on the motorway.

Did the same trip 3 weeks ago on an old fzr750 at the same speeds on 10 euros of fuel without hitting reserve.

I know they are supposedly thirsty, but feck me thats a whole lotta fuel gone..
Fuel economy, or the lack of it, has been mentioned on here before.
I was getting about 19mpg out of mine!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I get about 120 miles on a tank full, but I think many get less. :)
Errol gets a lot more mpg than anyone else. :clap:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok just wanted to make sure I wasnt going mad :)

Id seen various mpgs quote from 20 up to 50

engine feels really sweet tho , quite serene when sat on the motorway, no way to gauge how fast she is till i get out with my mates next.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
100-120 is an average out of a tank on my 05 nelli with 11000 mls on the clock (with over a litre left in when I fill her up)

Had 125 before light came on - after 'sustained' high (ish) speeds on long early morning motorway journeys before ;)

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Nah Sparkey, leave the bugger in 3rd, sounds better above 7K - sod the fuel consumption. :ele:

·
Registered
885 Posts
I blame the noise of the engine! just cant help myself running it up through the box just to hear that noise and then slowing to do it all over again:ele:
I recently felt the wrath of her indoors after she saw a bank statement listing all the fuel stops i had made after a 500mile trip £68 for fuel and then if you take into consideration tyres that cost me £250 and only lasted 4 or 5 runs out before they fell apart (equating to around£50 per run) that was roughly £120 for a day out playing on my bike not to mention tax & insurance etc. I couldnt argue with her but my simple reply was thats the price I pay for having my dream bike and thats the way its gonna be, a small price for such pleasure, she still aint happy but then are they ever?:rolling:

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hi Kiddy

At least you know where you stand, much better to have a black and white view opinion!! I have a great retaliation line.....'so how much does the horse cost you to keep?....oh, and that's when your not using it too, well at least the bikes get popped into the shed and don't consume money as they obliviously munch hay!' Of course I have to time this comment correctly or kitchen implements start flying (and being ex military she has a marksmans aim!):doh:

cheers, Fraser

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
got 130 before light comes on.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
got 130 before light comes on.
Had the LE over 150, and no light comes on. Didn't know they had a speed warning :confused:
On the issue of fuel, 80 miles is religious for the fuel light, and if not filled up within 20 miles then that's very nervous time :rolling:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Over revving

I recon the biggest use of fuel is over revving because it sounds good:D I might be wrong:doh:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Rob -thats when I get best fuel consumption - seriously !!!

Constant high speeds = 120+ out of a tank every time !

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Kurt may have a point. Last year on the run from Bennetts down to Johnny's BBQ I had intention of keeping it steady in the wet but ended up cruising at 110+ [keeps the rain off you ;)] and a good pace on the A-roads. I found that I got 34mpg (approx 115 miles to reserve light) for that run! Sadly never saw it again :rolling:
I've tried to repeat the above over long journey's, but ...on the LE 27mpg seems to be the norm, with reserve at 80, regardless of gusto :(

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
mines same how ever i ride it i get about 80 miles to the tank or if the trip resets itself about 20 :rolleyes:

·
5,928 Posts
.. or if the trip resets itself about 20 :rolleyes:
I can fix that :ele:
Rob -thats when I get best fuel consumption - seriously !!!
Constant high speeds = 120+ out of a tank every time !
Mine did the same thing, before I installed the AT. It became obvious why, when I installed a wide band O2 sensor, & logged some data. That's where it ran the leanest.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts