Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, A great big merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone. Hope you've all had a good break and had a chance to recharge your personal battery.
:( I received a phone call on new years eve from a friend at about 8pm, the news was a great friend of mine hit a wallaby in Mansfield at about 5pm on his Triumph, he has been air lifted to hospital with a punctured lung and is still in intensive care.
His family is by his side and supporting him. Alby is a great rider and a real fighter and will no doubt be back making fun of my "Italian piece of Junk"
Alby's not out of the woods just yet....If anyone can find the time, please post a "best wishes" for Alby, I will make sure I print each and everyone of them and take them into Alby, it will mean the world to him.
Cheers All
Dave

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Hi Dave, and a good new year to you too.

So sorry to hear the bad news about your friend Alby. I hope that he is making good progress and is well enought to start slagging off your Benelli soon (if you know what I mean!!!;o)

Please keep us all advised of his progress. Our thoughts are with him.

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Best Wishes for a speedy recovery Alby. Hate those Wallabies. They are worse than the deer we have here.

Now's his chance to get a Benelli when he gets better. Get the green one..I think Wallabies hate that color?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Get Well Soon

WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY MATE

I had to re-read your post three times (I live in Mansfield - and cant believe we have wallabys - then I figured your in Oz and I'm in Ol Blighty !!)

Nevertheless - all the best mate - hope your back to fitness in no time and back out on 2 wheels

Kurt

·
903 Posts
Get well soon.

:(

Dave, give your mate my best wishes for a speedy recovery. :eek:

I am still recovering from my crash with a Ford Mondeo in October, I would not be as positive as I am now if it were not for the well wishes I received from this forum.:)

·
5,961 Posts
Best Wishes Alby.

Hope your mate recovers quickly, fullsick.

Where in Mansfield did it happen? Wasn't the Wombat Ranges was it? Love that ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some much better news

Thanks heaps for the best wishes all, I will make sure Alby gets them all in the next couple of days. Alby is up and walking today (at a reasonably slow pace) and talking flat out about motorbikes which is a great sign.
Alby was on the road back from Mt Baw Baw doing 75 kmph around a bend when the wallaby ran across the road in front of him, low sided him and his left elbow did the damage to his ribs and lung.
Because of the bushfires in the area recently, the wild life has been pushed into a smaller area which seems presents a hazard for bike riders as they cross roads.
The Triumph is back at Alby's home and doesn't sound like its dead, maybe too early to convert him yet but at least he is keen to jump back on a bike.
A lot of bike riders stopped to help, a lot have been to see him in hospital and some guys from 12,000 kms away (and near by) have sent best wishes to a complete stranger via a forum...... makes you proud to be a bike rider.
Thanks again all.... I know Alby will appreciate it!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Dammit fullsick, I thought I had already replied to this thread and then realised that I hadn't:doh:

Please send on my best wishes for a speedy recovery to your mate for me and I'm glad to hear that he seems to be okay.

All the best Alby mate (yah dirty mongrel) ... (that's all the Ozzie I know):rolling:

Al:bow:

·
1,841 Posts
get well

Best wishes, hope you are getting better Alby.
Any friend of a Benellier is a friend of mine !:hiya:
We dont get wallabys in GB but a lot of car drivers drive as bad as one.....;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Best wishes to Alby, get well soon.

I've never hit a wallaby but I have hit a badger they are quite similar really.....

·
1,231 Posts
wally's

I don't know about you but i would swear some of the women in GB look like walla"beasts" and I have seen them drive. They also have the largest kankle (a calf that runs straight down to their ankles) population I have seen in the world. Couple that with the 2nd largest gunt (thats is where their gut juts out really far right to their....you get the picture) and you are talking some honeys!!!! Get better Alby so you can come see what I am talking about mate!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I reckon that some of the nicest women I've ever seen live down under:bow:

I've never seen a McDonalds uniform look so sexy before I visited Australia:clap:

Al:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts