Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so abba do a fitting kit for tnt tornado 2008 onwards (mine is 2011 trek amazonas), no mention of the amazonas.Plenty of google searching has thrown up talk of modifications and blocks of wood, tying the footpegs back .I don't mind doing a bit , i hate rear paddock stands , any real time advice for me .I have emailed ABBA but no reply

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have an Abba stand for my bikes. I bought the fitting kit from them for my Tornado Tre. Might be same sizes. Ill measure size of holes and let you know. Good stands

·
Registered
207 Posts
It was fitting kit number 25 I bought for my Benelli. After revisiting Abba site I remembered I had to emeil them to find out which kit I needed. If your frame has location holes which are the diameters given you will need kit 25 as well

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Abba adaptors measure 10mm diameter RHS and 12mm diameter for LHS. Hope that helps
Mmmmmm. It looks like my locating holes are, which is the hole in the swing arm bolts right. Are 15mm on the left and a tight 10, more like 9.5mm on the right. Good or not. Maybe a bit of modifying is in order

·
Registered
794 Posts
I made some from high tensile bolts machined to size on my homemade version. Do you know someone with a lathe?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an Abba stand that I use on my TreK.

From memory I'm fairly sure the Abba site does not list a fitting kit for the TreK but does list one for the TNT which is what I bought. I had to modify the smaller of the two locating pins as it was only very slightly too big, the figures you are quoting (locating pin diameter 10mm and hole diameter 9.5 mm) sound about right. All I did was sit down for 10 minutes while I was watching the news on the television and rubbed the part of the pin that locates inside the hole with an oil stone, there is so little material that needs to be removed this doesn't take long. You do need to tie the footpegs back as they will foul on the Abba frame as you are lifting the bike, but no great problem.

To work with the Amazonas I think you will have to put the stand on a sheet of thick plywood or something similar to get the back wheel off the ground. I use an old kitchen cupboard door, 12 mm thick, for my TreK and I suspect the Amazonas with it's increased ride height would need something a bit thicker. But apart from those few small niggles, it works really well, is easy to use and is very stable if you need to work on the bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have an Abba stand that I use on my TreK.

From memory I'm fairly sure the Abba site does not list a fitting kit for the TreK but does list one for the TNT which is what I bought. I had to modify the smaller of the two locating pins as it was only very slightly too big, the figures you are quoting (locating pin diameter 10mm and hole diameter 9.5 mm) sound about right. All I did was sit down for 10 minutes while I was watching the news on the television and rubbed the part of the pin that locates inside the hole with an oil stone, there is so little material that needs to be removed this doesn't take long. You do need to tie the footpegs back as they will foul on the Abba frame as you are lifting the bike, but no great problem.

To work with the Amazonas I think you will have to put the stand on a sheet of thick plywood or something similar to get the back wheel off the ground. I use an old kitchen cupboard door, 12 mm thick, for my TreK and I suspect the Amazonas with it's increased ride height would need something a bit thicker. But apart from those few small niggles, it works really well, is easy to use and is very stable if you need to work on the bike.
Thanks. I will give it a try

·
Registered
27 Posts
My bike is currently on the stand so I thought photos are often a bit clearer.
This is the clearance I get under my back wheel, the steel blade of the tape is 25mm wide.
IMG20210724090548.jpg

The stand on the board:
IMG20210724090620.jpg

Clearance on the left side with the footpegs tied:
IMG20210724090650.jpg

Clearance on the right side with the footpegs tied:
IMG20210724090705.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's fantastic, I'm also looking at the add on bar that lifts one wheel or the other even further via a ratchet strap. Thanks for taking the time to take pictures

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okaaaay. Little update, emailed Abba and they recommended fitting kit 68 for Trek i believe, it fits without modification, I've put a short scaffold board under the stand and pinned my footpegs back with some rubber bands made from an old mtb tube. My back wheel is approx an inch off the ground and the bike seems stable. Happy days. I've also bought the add on bar which lifts the front wheel, I'll let you know how I get on with that later.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good choice. Just make sure its fully tightened up before lifting. I did drop my zzr1400 out of the Abba stand once I think because it wasn't tightened

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Right, i had to make a higher plinth of 3" because the amazonas is tall. Now with the extra front bar addition i have both wheels off the ground. I'm flyyyyiiiing. Although the bike is tall and I'm around 5'7"/8" after riding it a couple of times I'm thinking I'm not going to lower it. Tbh my ktm was the same if not taller and I used to blast through the forest on that without any major issues.
IMG_20210801_145830.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts