Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anybody used an abba stand,would it be usefull in confined spaces?
Not room to swing a cat in the garage and I'm really strugling with front and rear stands.Got the bike parked width ways across the garage behind the car
and been told this would be a better option.
Believe both wheels are off the ground with this one stand.Bit on the pricey side so would appreciate any comments before buying.Thanks

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
As anybody used an abba stand,would it be usefull in confined spaces?
Not room to swing a cat in the garage and I'm really strugling with front and rear stands.Got the bike parked width ways across the garage behind the car
and been told this would be a better option.
Believe both wheels are off the ground with this one stand.Bit on the pricey side so would appreciate any comments before buying.Thanks
I have had one for about 5 years, which I have used on my Aprilia, Fazer thou and Tornado. Excellent kit, just like having a centre stand, only it lifts higher. The balance is such that the back wheel comes up, front on the deck, but to work on the front wheel just chock up under the downpipes. Recommended :D

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've also been using one for several years, makes lubing the chain, cleaning rear wheel easy. As Ian states chocking under the front of the engine or downpipes gets both wheels off the ground allowing both wheels to be removed. The stand is also very stable as it has a wide footprint on the ground....as you may have guessed I also recommend!

·
Registered
297 Posts
:

I have one too...but tbh they're very pricey for what they are-its only box steel welded and painted. If you knew someone with one, and someone who can weld, you could make one up yourself for about 20bob.

Although, that would probably be a patent infringement and i wouldnt condone that sort of thing. Pm me to read more of lack of condoning that sort of thing.

Actually, a really handy idea abba have(as an extra to the abba stand) is to replace the swing arm fittings with another fitting that lets you lift the bike by the frame where the footrest hanger bolts on, therefore allowing you remove the swingarm.

This bit:http://www.abbastands.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=21

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for the replies,seams it is a good piece of kit.
Know what you mean about paying over the top for not alot of engineering.
Was looking at what is termed as a motorcycle dolly in a well known motorcycle acceessories catalogue,would make life so much easier but no way will I pay almost ninety notes for a couple of pieces of metal with a few castors attached.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Abba stands are great and you can go to them direct and get first class service.
They have their limitations too though..and if it slips when you're putting it on you're looking at properly scratched fairings/frames.It can be a bit of a handful trying to put on the stand and not let the bike fall over :) I find a rear paddock stand quicker and easier to use, but I do like that with the abba stand you can use a small jack to lift the front and the bike is much more stable than on paddock stands.

EDiT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giE5YJ-u_bU How to use an abba stand :)

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
I have the ABBA superbike stand with adaptors for my other peds I also have one of their "wheel spins" really handy when you want to spray the back chain or give the wheels a quick wipe over.
Interestingly In their early days we use to make stands for ABBA before they eventually set up doing the work themselves, they make good reasonably priced stands and are very helpful if you need advice (their factory is in Maldon Essex about 4mins from my factory)
Terry

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
one of these, pricey but well worth it, I think I'm the only person in Australia with one, but jeez its good, you can get a Handy lift type one, but once you fit it with all the bits that these come standard with they cost more and dont lift as much weight, awesome product
http://www.rangerproducts.com/products/jacks-and-lifting/motorcycle-lifts/rml-750hd.php

:)
here's the uk version with a proper bike on it :p love the last line on the spec http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cml3-hydraulic-motorcylce-lift/path/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts