Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

I have drooled over the tornado since it was first released. Damn glad I didnt sucumb to temptation and pay 12k back then but I am finally going to take the plunge as I am getting a company car and that means I have finally been able to persuade the mrs! I was hoping for some advice from people on the reality of owning one... I will be looking to buy an 06 model with a year or so warranty left for peace of mind.
So, questions - I have a local Benelli dealer. I am assuming the warranty would be redeemable at any Benelli dealer if I buy one elsewhere?
How do tall people fare with the tre? I am 6'1. Not sure how small these bikes actually are?
The underseat radiator has always worried me a bit (altho I love the fans!). Is the bike prone to overheating if not constantly moving at pace?
Was the issue of paint flake resolved on later bikes or is it an issue on all of them potentially?
Lastly, any other owners based in the Midlands? I am in Solihull. I see there are a couple of peeps up Derby way. Any others? Do you lot get together for meets at all?

Look forward to joining the exclusive club soon!

Cheers

Col

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Hi all...

I have drooled over the tornado since it was first released. Damn glad I didnt sucumb to temptation and pay 12k back then but I am finally going to take the plunge as I am getting a company car and that means I have finally been able to persuade the mrs! I was hoping for some advice from people on the reality of owning one... I will be looking to buy an 06 model with a year or so warranty left for peace of mind.
So, questions - I have a local Benelli dealer. I am assuming the warranty would be redeemable at any Benelli dealer if I buy one elsewhere?
How do tall people fare with the tre? I am 6'1. Not sure how small these bikes actually are?
The underseat radiator has always worried me a bit (altho I love the fans!). Is the bike prone to overheating if not constantly moving at pace?
Was the issue of paint flake resolved on later bikes or is it an issue on all of them potentially?
Lastly, any other owners based in the Midlands? I am in Solihull. I see there are a couple of peeps up Derby way. Any others? Do you lot get together for meets at all?

Cheers

Col

BLOODY HELL!!!!

Benelli are expanding into the former Soviet Union as well.

I didn't realise the roads in Khazakstan were good enough to be able to ride sports bikes on them!!!!

Welcome aboard Borat; can you please tell me whether the bit in your film with lovely Pammy was staged, or was it Pukka? Also, are her breasts as fabulous close up as they are in pictures/films/red swim suit?

Andy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all...

Cheers

Col
I'm 6' 3" and find the Tre not bad at all. Better than the 06 Yamaha R1, not as good as the 2002 Fireblade for comfort. It seems to be running just a smidge cooler than the R-1 and Fireblade ran.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BLOODY HELL!!!!

Benelli are expanding into the former Soviet Union as well.

I didn't realise the roads in Khazakstan were good enough to be able to ride sports bikes on them!!!!

Welcome aboard Borat; can you please tell me whether the bit in your film with lovely Pammy was staged, or was it Pukka? Also, are her breasts as fabulous close up as they are in pictures/films/red swim suit?

Andy

Yekshemesh Andy

Khazak man love bike who owned by chinese who also like the eat of dog... Glorious Khazakstan government now spend many moneys on building new road out of amazing new surface.. it known as "Tarmpax"!
I do many scene with lovely pammy and she breasts look very nice!:p .

·
1,841 Posts
BORAT,I would check with any local Official dealers , as some will not want to know unless you bought the bike from them ! I believe Kjm (suppliers) would undertake any work under warrenty.
The fans just about cope if stationary.
Russ at Bennetts motorcycles writes on here and he seems to know quite a lot about Benellis, so it might be worth your while seeing what he has on offer !! :ele:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Just to reaffirm what the others have said - I am just 6ft and find the Nelli fine - I test rode a new cbr600rr on Saturday and the postiion on that is far more cramped than the tornado

Welcome on board

I thought most dealers will undertake warranty work
(where are you based??)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice Colin I will check with the local dealer before I buy. I have heard good things about Bennets and I did see a tre on Biketrader today from them. They are 80 miles from me tho thats the only problem, so again it would mean warranty work would have to be elsewhere. When i get the cash together I may well see what they have anyway.

Kurt I am based in Solihull south of Brum. Only Benelli dealer nearby is Worcestor and its a small one with no second hand stock.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I wouldnt get too hung up about how far you have to take your Nelli to be properley serviced / looked after

I think Lawrence and Al use KJM in Wigan (and they live in that funny speaking country above england !!)

THe dealer I am using is bout 45 miles away which is probably local by some of the guys on heres standards

Have fun when you get one :D

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Take a bit of advise buy one from Bennetts, Russ is the man who can with benelli's. He is so passonate about these bikes and always willing to help. Re servicing Russ will also pick bikes up that need service's. Spoke to him this week and he's off to pick one up in Surrey. If you need to test ride one I'm dropping mine off there today as a trade in, Russ is putting this on the road as a demonstator. I have had no mechanical breakdowns with the bike and all warranty work has been done by Russ quickly. I'm not leaving the Benelli family just trading up to a Tre-k (see previous treads re accident).
If I was just getting into Nelli's I would trust Bennetts above all other dealers.

All worship at the Mighty Russ:bow:

just to let you all know Russ is also still organising a get together later on this year with a chance to ride all the bikes. I'm sure he will tell us all where and when.

Steve

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take a bit of advise buy one from Bennetts, Russ is the man who can with benelli's. He is so passonate about these bikes and always willing to help. Re servicing Russ will also pick bikes up that need service's. Spoke to him this week and he's off to pick one up in Surrey. If you need to test ride one I'm dropping mine off there today as a trade in, Russ is putting this on the road as a demonstator. I have had no mechanical breakdowns with the bike and all warranty work has been done by Russ quickly. I'm not leaving the Benelli family just trading up to a Tre-k (see previous treads re accident).
If I was just getting into Nelli's I would trust Bennetts above all other dealers.

All worship at the Mighty Russ:bow:

just to let you all know Russ is also still organising a get together later on this year with a chance to ride all the bikes. I'm sure he will tell us all where and when.

Steve
Ok you've convinced me! I will contact the mighty Russ and see what he says.

Cheers

Borat (Col)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone been brave enough to take a pillion on a tornado? I am guessing its bordering on torture for the pillion would I be right?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Has anyone been brave enough to take a pillion on a tornado? I am guessing its bordering on torture for the pillion would I be right?

Cheers
I took a very experienced pillion on the back of mine from Monchengladbach to Dusseldorf last summer, her father brought her up as a pillion rider and I had no complaints whatsoever, that included some rather swift sections of the German Autobahns!

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
Welcome Borat :) ,

First up, do me a favour and type all your posts in Borat 'speak'. I coudn't help but smile when I read your earlier one :rolling:.

Just to re-iterate what some of the other guys have been saying, I'm 6'2" and I can still walk (just about!) after its been down to KJM for a service. It's about a 400 mile round trip and I'm looking forward to booking it in for it's next one quite soon :D
80 miles to Bennetts should be like a trip to the corner shop for you :clap:

PS Can't wait for you to post a pic of you on your TRE wearing your speedo's though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Laurence, you are biginning to worry me :confused:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Lawrence - are you deputising for AL in his short absence ! ?? :confused: Next you will be offering man hugs galore to all and sundry ! :rolling:

Please behave - there are some new ish people on here and we wouldnt want them scared away now would we ?? :doh:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome Borat :) ,

First up, do me a favour and type all your posts in Borat 'speak'. I coudn't help but smile when I read your earlier one :rolling:.

Just to re-iterate what some of the other guys have been saying, I'm 6'2" and I can still walk (just about!) after its been down to KJM for a service. It's about a 400 mile round trip and I'm looking forward to booking it in for it's next one quite soon :D
80 miles to Bennetts should be like a trip to the corner shop for you :clap:

PS Can't wait for you to post a pic of you on your TRE wearing your speedo's though.

Yekshemesh Laurence! You like picture of me in speedo trunks? Is very nice! In Khazakstahn ladies all like Borat in speedos. One time, I having sunbathe in speedos and I read my magazine of lovely pammy and my Krahm he pop out in front of all village!
Another reason me decide get tornado - it colour match my speedo!

Borat

·
Super Moderator
7,769 Posts
You crack me up Borat. :rolling:

Jetboy and Kurt, there's no need to worry, I'm not turning into a 'gayboy' (no offence intended, Al :) ) and here's a couple of tasty pics of some ladies to prove it!!!

High five!!!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Laurence how you get my family photo album? You like my sisters?
You give me Tornado for free I give you one my sisters?

Borat

1 - 20 of 27 Posts