Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's with a very heavy heart that i have to report that nelli is dead :bawl:
on saturday night while out enjoying nelli's company a knob head car driver thought it a good idea to overtake without looking in front of them and they hit me head on :mad: , killing nelli and putting me in hospital for 5 days with 2 fractures of the pelvis and 1 of the hand, not to mention enough swelling and bruising to last a lifetime.
I hope to be back on my feet pretty soon but I'm absolutely gutted that my beloved nelli is no more :bawl:

the whole family have tried to talk me out of biking but there's no way, once the compo money comes through I might even go for an LE :ele:

I'll still be visiting the forum but right now i'm just a "civilian" so sorry about that lads.

keeping my chin up and dreaming in green and silver!
Johnny :cool:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mishap. Hope you recover quickly.
As for Nellie-:bawl:

Get well
Paul

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Jees sorry to hear about the accident Johnny. I'm glad you are ok in a sense and not any worse off from the asshole in the car. Let's hope he gets the book thrown at him. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope everything sorts it'self out just fine.

Every cloud and all that? ... yeah an LE sounds just perfect :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
:doh: Johnny - the good news is you still got your hands to use your keyboard and come onto the forum.

So, what are you going to put on the new nelli then? :D

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Sorry

Unlucky mate, at least you are still in one piece(sort of!) hope you get better soon, this may cheer you up.....my ex wife was a pillion on a bike that was T Boned, she broke her pelvis(GOOD), she got £62000 in compo, you could buy a TRE,RS & LE & have change left for a weekend in Prague with all your Benelli forum mates!!!!! GET WELL SOON PAL ;)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Johny and hope you have a speedy recovery :)

maybe you should send the boys round to check the car drivers eyesight :mad: :mad:

Brand New Tornado LE in Italy as well as ones in other countries so good luck with the compo ;)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Ouch! :( Sorry ya Nelli's dead but so glad your not... :)

Get well soon mate. ;)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Johnny, sorry to hear about poor old nelli. But good that you have faired somewhat better :) Best wishes with a speedy recovery and hope the bruised bits settle down very soon ;)
On a future note, I believe Lloyd is finding the an LE (JR's) can ease the leftover aches :D Good luck!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Get well soon bud. motogb have got a shed load left mate.:clap:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Johnny, I'd just like to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery. The bike can be replaced mate, the important thing is that you are on the mend and hopefully will be fit and well again soon.

Keep yer chin up in the meantime matey :)

·
5,928 Posts
You're made of stern stuff Johnny. A head-on and you're still with us. You're guardian angel must have been flying VERY close-by.
Get well soon mate.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry to hear of your off Johnny, but its only a bike :( Dont hold your breath for a payout though. I got wiped out by mountain bikes falling off the car in front of me in the outside of the carriageway- broken shoulder, ribs after faceplanting at 80 odd. Still waiting even though it was September last year. Wont mind if its £62,000 though :clap: Chin up mate, good excuse to lay in bed watching daytime TV :doh:

Unlucky mate, at least you are still in one piece(sort of!) hope you get better soon, this may cheer you up.....my ex wife was a pillion on a bike that was T Boned, she broke her pelvis(GOOD), she got £62000 in compo, you could buy a TRE,RS & LE & have change left for a weekend in Prague with all your Benelli forum mates!!!!! GET WELL SOON PAL ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
hi Johnny,

good to hear you are more or less in one piece, impressive list of broken bits.
Keep smiling and typing.

As for the B, now how about an 1130 LE - if only they would make one !!!!:ele:

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Hi Johnny, hope you recover soon .. everyones' worst nightmare .. nothing you can do about blind maniacs but that doesn't stop it hurting. All the best. Mike

·
Registered
147 Posts
You're guardian angel must have been flying VERY close-by.
... presumably also having gone over the handlebars :)

Hope the drugs are good. (Hey that could be a nother reason for close flying angels).

As it was the other drivers fault, and you have sustained injuries, the payout will be large (but never as large as you think it should be).

All 3 of mine have had just a single witness, and each time the bike was paid out for within 6 weeks, and, once the doctors had signed me off, the injury payment was typically within 3 . However I do have legal aid thrown in with the insurance that tends to speed up the process, and I didnt break any bones in any of them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts