·
The Pennine Explorer
593 Posts
I have a sister who lives in Golden Grove Adelaide,so i have DNA there lol :D

Reactions: klinkerstinker

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very timely post, or at least resurrection of a previous post.

I've applied for a job in Adelaide and at this stage at least it looks quite promising, so there's a reasonably good chance me and my Tre K might be new residents of the State before too much longer.

Which brings me to a question - any recommendations as to what motorcycle shops down there can be trusted to work on Benellis?

And anywhere to avoid as a place to live?

·
On a winding road.......
90 Posts
Very timely post, or at least resurrection of a previous post.

I've applied for a job in Adelaide and at this stage at least it looks quite promising, so there's a reasonably good chance me and my Tre K might be new residents of the State before too much longer.

Which brings me to a question - any recommendations as to what motorcycle shops down there can be trusted to work on Benellis?

And anywhere to avoid as a place to live?
Hi tuki, Welcome to South Oz, land of great bike roads at your doorstep! :clap:
I have dealt with Garage Cycles, the new Benelli dealers in Strathalbyn, and been let down several times as have others I have spoken to. This was for Guzzi parts as they are the dealers for that marque as well. Others that have Benellis have said the same and no-one seems impressed by their service or ethics. The only other Italian dealer that I know has a good name, though I haven't really dealt with them, is Italian M/C on Magill road at Stepney. My TNT was serviced there before I owned her and the previous owner was happy with them. If you want more info from him try "Conquistador" on the TNT Forum. I do my own work and it's not difficult if you have a problem solving mind and a manual. This Forum is fantastic for info and everyone seems to have knowledge that someone else may not have. As far as machining etc. go, there are plenty of shops around and someone always knows someone who does good work.
As far as a place to live, I suppose it depends on how far you want to travel to work. I used to live in the Hills and it only took 40 odd minutes to town. The rides home each night were great and sometimes the detours I took got me home around dark! I now live on the suburban coast and it's a good spot for being in the city. Also depends on how much rent you want to pay?
Contact me when you get over here and we can have and ale or two and I can show you some good roads, but maybe not in that order!!:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Dave for the welcome, although it is a little early but much appreciated all the same. I'm looking forward to getting down there, seeing some new country and getting to know the other Nelli riders. I hear there are a few interesting roads in that part of the world.

And thanks for the info on the bike shops and localities to look for accommodation. I'm looking for a unit with a double lock up garage to store my car and more importantly, tools and bikes. My preference would be out towards the hills but most of the suitable places seem to be closer to the coast. Oh well, at least Adelaide is well set out and it doesn't take too long to get from one side to the other.

Do they do track days out at Malala?

I'll let you know when I've got the job offer in my claw.

Regards

·
Registered
350 Posts
I can concur with everything GuzziDave says.... Italian Motorcycles is the place to go.
Let's catch up when your here

·
On a winding road.......
90 Posts
Thanks Dave for the welcome, although it is a little early but much appreciated all the same. I'm looking forward to getting down there, seeing some new country and getting to know the other Nelli riders. I hear there are a few interesting roads in that part of the world.

And thanks for the info on the bike shops and localities to look for accommodation. I'm looking for a unit with a double lock up garage to store my car and more importantly, tools and bikes. My preference would be out towards the hills but most of the suitable places seem to be closer to the coast. Oh well, at least Adelaide is well set out and it doesn't take too long to get from one side to the other.

Do they do track days out at Malala?

I'll let you know when I've got the job offer in my claw.

Regards
Yes Tuki, they do track days fairly often out at Mallala. My brother and his wife race out there and are usually at every track day as well. I'm just in the process of finding some leathers and prepping the 'Nelli for that very purpose so would welcome another fellow forum member on the track.
Hopefully see you when you make the trek.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well the job offer has been made and accepted . Looks like there will be another Benelli (and owner) in Adelaide, probably early to mid December by the time I get all my stuff organised and moved.

I'm pretty enthusiastic about getting down there although I'm not too sure about the winters - having spent a fair bit of time in Far North Queensland I reckon the winters here in Port Macquarie are uncomfortably cold.

Hopefully there will be a chance to catch up with you blokes when I find somewhere to live and get a bit settled.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well the job offer has been made and accepted . Looks like there will be another Benelli (and owner) in Adelaide, probably early to mid December by the time I get all my stuff organised and moved.

I'm pretty enthusiastic about getting down there although I'm not too sure about the winters - having spent a fair bit of time in Far North Queensland I reckon the winters here in Port Macquarie are uncomfortably cold.

Hopefully there will be a chance to catch up with you blokes when I find somewhere to live and get a bit settled.
Mate if you need somewhere to land for a few days I got a spare room. I live in Seacliff Park.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Jason, that's a very generous offer and much appreciated.

Hopefully I have a unit lined up at Firle where I can lock up my bikes and the few goods and chattels I will be bringing with me. I was happy to have the Nelli in the loungeroom but the Real Estate bloke seemed to get a bit excited when I suggested that.

Odd chappie!

Regards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts