Benelli Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi out there!
Older Adiva scooters utilize a 150 ccm Piaggo Leader engine. On photo a 250 ccm Leader engine looks very similar.

Does anyone have info about the form factor of larger Leader engines? It would probably be easier to replace than fix the present tiny one. I would prefer a 250 ccm (over 20 hp!!). The ultimate reason is to make this chart run as fast as 140-150 km/h.

Do you know about other tuning options or even bigger engines matching the Adiva with smaller modifications?

How does an AD 250 run? Any experiences?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Adiva 150 engine for sale!!!!

Hi, Folks,

I saw yesterday a used Benelli Adiva with a somewhat scratchy body. Price is low. There are some smaller probs with the engine including some cheaper parts to clean and fix. My mechanic offered to fix and renew the whole thing for about 400-500 Euros, including new paint on the body. If only the engine and related parts are to be fixed that would cost approx 100 Euros with warranty.

I am now planning to buy that old metal, in Hungary there are few Adiva scooters officially registered as this one. It was first registered, when imported from Italy with zero kilometres in the mileage gauge.

My plan after fixing body damages is to replace present 150 engine with a 250 or even greater. My mechanic says he is definite about fixing the 200 cc Piaggio engine without modifications. He is not so sure about larger engines, though he is going to investigate the case.

Hence is the original engine for sale. You may offer approx 200 Euros in the present condition, or a bit higher (i.e. 250-300) after renewing, with guarantie. Location is Budapest (Hungary, Europe). The engine is fully functional, please ask techs later at:

[email protected]

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts