Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i missed out on ebay the last one that was for sale,i was wandering that as they are brembo is there a compatable one thats off an apprilia/ducati.especially one off a scrapper that i could get second hand cheapish.broken tornados are as rare as rocking horse shit and as you all know the bits and bobs go for a very high premium

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Clutch...ing at straws?

as i missed out on ebay the last one that was for sale,i was wandering that as they are brembo is there a compatable one thats off an apprilia/ducati.especially one off a scrapper that i could get second hand cheapish.broken tornados are as rare as rocking horse shit and as you all know the bits and bobs go for a very high premium
Not many Tornado's were fitted with span adjustable clutch levers. So getting one could be difficult.
You could always ask around the Benelli dealers??;)

Ducati were well known for using different minor parts from one month to another back in the 80/90's. Making part sourcing difficult, as my brother-in-law found out on his Paso! :rolling:
So Benelli could have done the same with the levers? :confused:

Why do you need one so badly chap??:confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
klinker

put it this way if i was a gyneacologist the ladies wouldnt feel a thing, apart from the timex that is. i struggle in traffic with my tart like short fingers,so an adgustable job might cure it.i missed one on ebay by a whisker.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
el'bandie

It is a bloody stretch chap. I bort bigger gloves, that helps...and I'm an XL too!
Forza Italia my be worth a call?
Hope you find something...and buy a cheaper watch if your upto things like that.

They must have used a bloody strange looking Italian test rider.
Big hands, short body, long neck, and long sighted...tonight I found out...awfull at bloody spraying bikes too.:rolleyes: :bawl: :(

·
Registered
417 Posts
get new one, its a standard Domino lever, and cheap.
http://www.redracingparts.com/en/english.htm

search domino wire clutch, its the top RH lever.

I ordered this one a week ago... still waiting for it to arrive. Also ordered a non-adjustable RS250 lever for the princely sum of £8.50.. just in case the other one doesnt arrive in time as needed mine for next week. My current one is a bit bent :doh:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dino

Thats looks the part. but what is the clutch control,part No 1668.04.04 that they say it must be used with.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
That's the bit that the lever bolts onto which has the threaded cable adjuster screwed into it.

That lever should fit yours OK

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ta

just ordered one.41 euros inc postage.better than a second hand one and a dam site cheaper than original

1 - 9 of 9 Posts