Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, has anybody adjusted there tick over on there TRE, have striped bike down removing side panels, tank, air intakes & airbox. I have been told that it is the left hand screw with the black cap on, turn it in 1/4 turn to increase the tick over. Could anybody let me know if this is correct as can't find it in the workshop manual either.....
Got to raise it as she keeps stalling everytime i come off the throttle !

Gary:confused:

·
1,841 Posts
tick over tre

The tick over is controled by the ecu which in turn controls the idle valve/stepper motor and fuel via the injectors. So if the idle is low it can be adjusted by the axone machine that dealers should have. It can also be altered with tuneboy in the same way. But I have read on here about tnt`s having an idle adjuster fitted. I would guess that it is just a cable that turns the master adjusting screw ie the one that moves all 3 butterflys together.
You could have a fault with the stepper idle control.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
The tick over is controled by the ecu which in turn controls the idle valve/stepper motor and fuel via the injectors. So if the idle is low it can be adjusted by the axone machine that dealers should have. It can also be altered with tuneboy in the same way. But I have read on here about tnt`s having an idle adjuster fitted. I would guess that it is just a cable that turns the master adjusting screw ie the one that moves all 3 butterflys together.
You could have a fault with the stepper idle control.
Correct, the injector body no3 (r/h side) has a throttle stop screw which allows adj of the idle but you have to take the tank & airbox off to get to it!!!! (I know what your thinking don’t say a word)
The mod is a simple flexible remote cable adjuster fitted to the l/h side of the engine which replaces the no3 injector body stop screw well worth fitting when you next have the airbox off.
don't touch any other screws or you will have to resynchronize the throttle body butterflies.
terry

·
Registered
213 Posts
Tick over

Yes you are right, the correct way is using the Axone or the Tuneboy but with the recall on the TNT showing a manual fit adjusting screw we are now working on a Tre mod using the same idea as the TNT. Watch this space;)

The fact is if your bike is set up right the tick over should not need touching? it should idle at about 1300Rpm lights on/off slight dip when fan's kick in but that's it!

But I appreciate that all Benelli's can be a bit tempermental at times:D

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Yes you are right, the correct way is using the Axone or the Tuneboy but with the recall on the TNT showing a manual fit adjusting screw we are now working on a Tre mod using the same idea as the TNT. Watch this space;)

The fact is if your bike is set up right the tick over should not need touching? it should idle at about 1300Rpm lights on/off slight dip when fan's kick in but that's it!

But I appreciate that all Benelli's can be a bit tempermental at times:D
I agree rusty but unfortunately Benelli's sensitivity (nice word for crap) to the varied temperatures in this country does affect the fueling/idle speeds, I have spent alot of time testing the ECU and other fuel related components on the TNT, ( see earlier posts) and can prove that the air sensor and ECU both need modifying...... (repositioning and reprogramming)
so in my opinion a remote idle speed adjuster on all Benelli's is a must.
Terry (vtxbrit)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts