Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

First off Congrats on a great site, you seem to be the Be All and End All of All Benelli Sites. You seem to have a real community spirit happening.

I need a little buying advce. I'm going to see a 2005 RS on Friday, it's a private sale and the service history might be a little vague, to be honest I live in Ireland and Benelli main dealers over here are pretty much non existent. I'm just looking for a few suggestions about what to look for when I see it. I've read about some stuff but you can't beat advice from the experienced benelli owner.

Any advice however small would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks Guys.....

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Welcome Explodingtoad to the BEST Benelli owners site in the WORLD. :D

These bikes are fantastic but can have a few problems. A good service history is always good to have (for any vehicle) but as there is no dealers in Ireland I can't see it having dealer stamps. That said, it may well have been well looked after and serviced to Benelli's standard.

There are a number of things to look for most of which are listed on this site and/or on Engenia's site. (Brill site for info.)

http://www.mso.anu.edu.au/~ekowald/

Anyway, what's the story with the name?

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Welcome

Hi mate, i brought my RS last month, its my first Benelli, infact its my first Italian Bike. As long as the bike has got a full service history you should be ok. I have only been out on my one 5 times but i can honestly say that it is the best bike i have ever owned. They look the business, are more than fast enough for the road(my old bike was a ZX12R, so i know a fast bike!!!) have great handling, sound like nothing else in the world & have more exotic kit than you can shake a stick at. The forum is full of info & the guys will no doubt give you all the expert advice you can ever need. Good luck.:) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Hi there exploding toad !!, i suppose the good thing with RS's is that they were built at a time when factory quality was on an up and therefore standard service stuff is the guideline towards not buying a lemon. If possible find out who was the supplying dealer and you can trace any warranty work if req'd as it may of been through them. i've owned six italian bikes and all had points that made them quirky(read broke down !) but i accept this and for all this its been on my italian stuff that i've had some of my biggest thrills , met fantastic people and shown to some what they are missing with the italian marques. if there is any unknown thing wth your proposed RS then allow for it in the price . good luck and keep the site updated with what you find out about the RS.:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Guys,

Thanks alot for the advice,I hope the same advice will be there when I'm trying to sort all these wonderful, fulfilling and challenging problems that this site loves to share. I'm only joking I know she's going to be joy to own. If all goes well, this time tomorrow I'll be no longer a dreamer but a fully fledged member of the owners club.

Oh and don't worry, she's the Black and Red one , the super duper fast one....

Once again a big thanks, I'll let you know how I get on....

G

·
WOT. . . SURELY YOU MEAN THE :bow: YELLOW :bow: AND BLACK ONE, THE SUPER DUPER FAST ONE. :rolling:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, YOU WILL NOT NEED ANY OTHER SITE BUT THIS ONE. I'VE NEVER SEEN THE BOYS BEATEN BY A PROBLUM OR QUESTION YET.
[/SIZE]

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Hey Guys,

NOT! how many time do we have to repeat GREEN and SILVER:doh:
GREEN and SILVER
GREEN and SILVER
These are the really fast ones.
Faster than custard and faster than red and even faster than black.

For some reason they stopped making the very very fast ones.

The GOLD ones

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome Mr Toadman :doh:

Go for it - as said above - service records (ideally from a Benelli dealer)
Check mods have been done (plenty info on this forum for that)
Fill with petrol, ride and enjoy :D :D

There are plenty of guys on here only too willing to pass on their help and experiences (in most cases the guys on here know as much (if not more) than some dealers out there !!!)

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Red Ones Go Faster

Good choice mate, Dont listen to the others(when it comes to colour that is..anything else they are wise men!!!) RED is the best colour, its a well known fact that if you have a red bedroom you will turn your other half into a raving NYMPHO, same for Benelli`s. :D :D Be prepared to fight the laydeez off :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
With super deals available I would buy the LAST new yellow one in the country from me:clap: :clap:

Go for it you won't regret it;)
Wow.... If Rusty Russ says go for it.... Then go for it....:bow:

Even though I LOVE the Green & Silver one's I do think (PLEASE don't tell PONY) the custardised YELLOW one are very nice indeed. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts