Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Have recieved my inforad and am wantint to fit. Thought i would fit the warning light next to the other warning lights on the dash, but cant see how to dismantle the headlight cowling. Anyone done this? Is it straightforward or a real pain. Any help greatly appreciated. Thinkink of taking the power feed off the light cluster somewhere, is this practical?

cheers lads

franco

·
Registered
332 Posts
headlight cowl removal

Hi

There's a hidden allen bolt in the gap between the 2 halves of the headlamp. Crouch down with your chin on the front mudguard, and look up the gap. A torch helps. There are other screws left and right of the dash, but the hidden one stumped me for quite a while.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Any doubts u can always download the manual off the motogb site.

Col

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Thinkink of taking the power feed off the light cluster somewhere, is this practical?
No problem taking the power feed from the light Franco but this will mean that you might need to have the engine running for a couple of minutes before you set off, to prevent you from draining the battery when the detector is picking up the satelites.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the tips guys, have downloaded the workshop manual, thats a cheeky little location for a screw (ooh er), is there perhaps a better source for the power feed for the inforad? also, where on earth can i put the processor? already have an alarm under the seat, bit snug in there..... confused.....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ps, im no mechanical ninny but electricals...... bit ropey so nice clear (read childish) instructions please!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I've taken the feed from the power supply going to the dash but I suppose it would be OK if you tapped it into the side light so at least you can switch off the dipped beam when it's searching to pick up the satellites.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks laurence, that idea had occured to me, as i figure even an electrical dunce like me cant go too far wrong with two wires into two!!!! i hope anyway!!

franco

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Did you get my email regarding the levers and carbon Franco?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry laurence, havn't checked my email until just now, have replied to your personal email account, getting very excited now!!

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts