Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am interested in buying a bike local to me. Here is the eBay link. Is this bike known to a forum member? Would be good do find out a little more, independent of the dealer.

This would be a second bike for high days and holidays, plus the occasional track day. I have a penchant for odd and quirky bikes and I think this would fit the bill.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi all, I am interested in buying a bike local to me. Here is the eBay link. Is this bike known to a forum member? Would be good do find out a little more, independent of the dealer.

This would be a second bike for high days and holidays, plus the occasional track day. I have a penchant for odd and quirky bikes and I think this would fit the bill.
Look at the knowns,
registered 05 so probably a full price bike , not discounted like those from 2009 onwards. missing for 5 years before first MOT, 6k miles then, not much more since. Last V5 issued middle of last year . Peterborough registered by the dealer. so who was the supplying dealer ? there were good ones and a lot that were not. Essential mods needed , have they been done ? Unlikely . expect to spend some money, go and look at it , check the age of the tyres, paintwork and all the documentation there is on it. Could be a good one and there again not.
Simple advice really.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
They were only that price brand new !
I think you will find , when first launched they were a hell of lot more expensive, but bad dealer back up, problems with clutches , Z 25,s and no spares to get the bike going again almost killed them . sales failed , so to clear them in 2009/10 you could buy Tre,s for £6000 and RS ,s for £7000 , a 1130 Tre and titanium and cafe racer were all about £10000. they had all the mods done at the dealers before selling .There were also loads of LE,s unsold still in crates.

Dont know where the interested party for the bike is , but the dealership Completely Motorbikes is based on the Staverton Airfield business park in Gloucestershire check the phone number 01452 Gloucester, not Hinkley. Obviously part of a nation wide sales group.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think you will find , when first launched they were a hell of lot more expensive, but bad dealer back up, problems with clutches , Z 25,s and no spares to get the bike going again almost killed them . sales failed , so to clear them in 2009/10 you could buy Tre,s for £6000 and RS ,s for £7000 , a 1130 Tre and titanium and cafe racer were all about £10000. they had all the mods done at the dealers before selling .There were also loads of LE,s unsold still in crates.

Dont know where the interested party for the bike is , but the dealership Completely Motorbikes is based on the Staverton Airfield business park in Gloucestershire check the phone number 01452 Gloucester, not Hinkley. Obviously part of a nation wide sales group.
I bought mine in 2007 at the reduced price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bike is at the Hinckley warehouse. I live just up the road so wanted to go and view, however I have come back from holiday with Covid, so am stuck indoors for a while.

There are a few around at this £5.5K price, some obviously better than others, but this one is the closest to start my hunt. This is only one model on my shortlist. Couple of other Italian models in consideration. As this will be a second bike for high days and track days, I am not bothered about any extra routine servicing demands, but starting with something that won't let me down the first time I try to start it would be a bonus.

I do like quirky bikes. My favourite was my BMW R1200s which I had for 8 years. I do like a bike that draws a crowd!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The bike is at the Hinckley warehouse. I live just up the road so wanted to go and view, however I have come back from holiday with Covid, so am stuck indoors for a while.

There are a few around at this £5.5K price, some obviously better than others, but this one is the closest to start my hunt. This is only one model on my shortlist. Couple of other Italian models in consideration. As this will be a second bike for high days and track days, I am not bothered about any extra routine servicing demands, but starting with something that won't let me down the first time I try to start it would be a bonus.

I do like quirky bikes. My favourite was my BMW R1200s which I had for 8 years. I do like a bike that draws a crowd!
I am fortunate to own both a Benelli 900 RS and a BMW R1200S, and you're right they are not exactly main stream bikes. The BMW is ok around town the Benelli not so much, but both are brilliant out of town on the open road with, I think, the Benelli being better than the BMW. It has more outright performance and for me has better, more neutral handling, I just think where I want to to go and it does, where as the BMW you have to work at getting it to turn. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am fortunate to own both a Benelli 900 RS and a BMW R1200S, and you're right they are not exactly main stream bikes. The BMW is ok around town the Benelli not so much, but both are brilliant out of town on the open road with, I think, the Benelli being better than the BMW. It has more outright performance and for me has better, more neutral handling, I just think where I want to to go and it does, where as the BMW you have to work at getting it to turn. :)
I loved my r1200s and had sellers regret for a long time after. Still, the Benelli could be a good replacement that would also draw a crowd!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am the buyer of this bike, take delivery Wednesday, really looking forward to my first benelli, from what I've gathered bike was in a collection for some years, hence big year gaps on mots,bike is super clean and the motor sounds like really quite, definitely going to get a couple of the bits done just for piece of mind,Number plate has a London dealer's name on the bottom so going to try and find some more information on it ,thanks

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,218 Posts
Congratulations Brad (y)

Look forward to hearing how you get on with the bike. Mine's been off the road for the last year or so, but I'm never selling it. Hoping to do some more miles on it this year...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Look at the knowns,
registered 05 so probably a full price bike , not discounted like those from 2009 onwards. missing for 5 years before first MOT, 6k miles then, not much more since. Last V5 issued middle of last year . Peterborough registered by the dealer. so who was the supplying dealer ? there were good ones and a lot that were not. Essential mods needed , have they been done ? Unlikely . expect to spend some money, go and look at it , check the age of the tyres, paintwork and all the documentation there is on it. Could be a good one and there again not.
Simple advice really.
Taz motorcycles Peterborough, same place i bought mine in 06, but I think they were £12k then . In 06 they were reduced to £6 k absolute bargain still got mine, now with nearly 49K miles on it. wheels is the new name for the dealership,motogb was the supplier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts