Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is looking for an aftermarket airfilter for their TNT, there is still hope. Neither K&N nor BMC makes one, but I contacted DNA (www.dnafilters.com) and asked them how I could persuade them to make one for the TNT. They just asked me to send them the airfilter and airfilter box so they can make a mould. I sent it to them this morning as my '04 TNt is at the workshop anyway and am awaiting their news. They said they would need it for about a week and then again 3 weeks down the line for a couple of days to test the production sample. So I guess it should be in production in about a month.
Note that DNA is a Greek company that sells pretty good filters worldwide. They had a respectable stand at the Intermot exhibition in Koln last November.
The filter is good for all TNT models and, as far as I know, the Tornado (900) as well.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Good work, tried K&N and pipercross last year, they wanted large minimum orders :mad: so I modified a K&N kawasaki zx6r part no KA-6098 which gives over the minimum reccommended air flow :) but I would prefer to buy a ready made unit, for my new TNT sport rather than modify....... keep us posted.
as I have previously mentioned even if you dont care about improving performance a better fitting filter is critical just to stop the dust/dirt which bypasses the useless standard foam filter.( see my pictures)

·
Registered
130 Posts
cool,, i`m up for one too,, asp,,, i`ve started the modification of the air box today,,, i will wait for the filter dna,, before going on the dyno

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I tried the ZX6 filter which is the closest that K&N makes to the TNT's but I decided against it and gave DNA a call. I was surprised they were so positive about it. They even said they would give me one free for having used my filterbox. I even told them not to epxect to sell many in Greece as there are only about 10 TNTs about but they said not to worry and that it will sell on markets abroard. As I understand the most Benellis on the road are in Italy, Germany, the Uk and - as I have grasped from this forum - Australia.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Count me in, it'll be interesting to see the difference it will make with a performance can.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dear Mileclocker I must admit that you know your way on persuading people.:spank:
I also made a contact with them a year and a half ago but they were not in a mood for dealing with Benelli bikes.:sleepy:
(Note I’m located in Greece) and after getting the door slammed in the face from K&N and BMC I followed vtxbrit's steps.
May be they have seen that the bike sold quit a lot and they have changed their minds.
Never mind, you made a very good move by contacting them, I will ring them in a couple of week just to check how the project is developing and if I could help in any way please don’t hesitate.:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spoke to DNA again this morning and they said that they will have finished the trials for the mould by the end of this week. As I mentioned previously, they will need the filterbox again right after Easter (April 8) to test the final product. I will probably drive my bike down there and do that over one morning so as not to have to take it apart again. So it looks like the air filter will be available around mid April.
They also told me that the had been swamped by e-mails about it. So hold your horses, guys. It's all going according to schedule...

·
Registered
130 Posts
air filter

as soon as they realease the product,, do u think they will sell worlwide, i`m in perth... need one too..

any more news?

i wonder how they will perform on a long term, and how they will compare to a K&N on performance?

·
3,085 Posts
Cool,

If its fits the tornado too I'll have one, so you will be sending to the Perth :), I'll definately have to get a pc if I'm slipping a bigger filter in. :D

·
5,963 Posts
Air Filter

I'm in the same boat as Nathan - if it fits a Tornado, I could do with one. Maybe a shipment to Perth, & one of the Sandgropers can send one eastbound?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will check with Benelli if the TNT, Cafe Racer, Tornado 900, Tornado 1130 and Tre-K carry the same air filter and box. I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK. After checking with the importer in Greece, it has been confirmed that the air filter and air filter box is common for all Benelli large displacement models. In other words, for the TNT, TNT Sport, TNT Cafe Racer, Tornado 900, Tornado 1130 and TRE-K. The factory part code for the filter element is R21023521A.

Meanwhile, it is highly likely that the DNA fiter will be ready this week. I keep you posted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Production of Benelli filter is starting and will be announced through the DNA worldwide dealer network on Wednesday. I can't say enough about how quick and proffessional they have been. They have kept in touch with me all the time they have had the components from one of my bikes. From the picture it looks good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts