Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any ideas.. or has anyone had any made???? The stockers have absolutely no clearance and ive squashed mine a few times.. this time it looks terminal :eek:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Anyone got any ideas.. or has anyone had any made???? The stockers have absolutely no clearance and ive squashed mine a few times.. this time it looks terminal :eek:
Frick, what have you bashed them on?? I've had to get a new ramp so I can load Bennie on the van, as the downpipes touched down with the back wheel on the ramp and the front wheel in the van with my old ramp, the one I could ride my Fazer straight into the van on, with the extra weight of me on it to compress the suspension, with nothing touching down! :confused:

I can't imagine anyone making aftermarket headers; you may have to get some made, or throw yourself at the mercy of Benelli, and their extended delivery times.:doh:

Btw, I'm sorry I called you Frick, Neil:rolling: :rolling: . (Sorry, it's the Shiraz talking; one of my few pleasures these days; take no notice;) )

Cheers:D

Ian

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ian no worries.. enjoy your vino!!
I will make some enquiries to aftermarket unless anyone knows of a manufacturer - Laurence?? :)

Too many heavy landings after hoisting it over crests in the road ossifer :D

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Dont ask me why but i believe my RS has larger header pipes fitted after being supplied by the factory and dont know if anyone else has them but mine are wrapped in heatproof exhaust material . there maybe a set of downpipes for sale by that chap off here who broke a Tornado and was selling panels etc.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Dont ask me why but i believe my RS has larger header pipes fitted after being supplied by the factory and dont know if anyone else has them but mine are wrapped in heatproof exhaust material . there maybe a set of downpipes for sale by that chap off here who broke a Tornado and was selling panels etc.
Good point, Angus. If you look for timemachinebikes07 on ebay, Neil, and contact him, he may well have a set. He is a forum member who controversially broke a perfectly good Tre, amidst howls of protest from various members. That was, at least, until said members, myself included, realised we wanted a part, then we forgot our principles, parted with the old spondoolicks, and became happy bunnies!:rolling: ;)

Good luck:D

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts