Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dare say that this question has come up before but any help will be appreciated.
Do any other manufacturers cans fit the tornado?
I had a Triumph a bit ago and found that some Kawasaki cans were interchangeable.
Has anyone found something for the Benelli?
Regards to all,
Roland

·
Registered
319 Posts
Interesting topic, indeed.

We have some threads about this topic already. If you check the search engine for "stubby", you will find something.

As far as I learned, there are 3 different types available.

Remus Powercone - But no plug-and-play. You have to buy the can (for which model? Some say Yam R6, some say Triumph Tiger). Bennetts offers the set with holder link pipe and can as a set. This is a charming alternative for me as it wears a "e"-stamp and is almost legal in germany.

Akrapovic stubby race can (Yam R6). No "e"-stamp. But looks fantastic. My favourite. Needs a link pipe? I dunno. I sent messages to 2 of our members here but didn´t get a response.

Beowulf? Check it out. I don´t like its look.

Errol´s GP-lookalike. I think it is produced by a company in UK. Check ebay UK for it.

And here s another one of my favourites: LeoVince GP-Pro (not model "GP-style").
Look is fantastic, wears an "e"-stamp. I will buy one later this year and go to an exhaust manufacturer close by. They already fitted some exhaust to my Duc.

Actually, from side view, I like the Remus Powercone, due to it´s black color which is matching very well with my RS.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hi Roly

There are a few - theres a motogp style one which was recently designed for Angus' bike (Errol has the same one i think). They are selling them on ebay and they look pretty trick.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BENELLI-TORNADO-TRE-RS-MOTO-GP-STYLE-EXHAUST_W0QQitemZ170308409373QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item170308409373&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

The other one I like is the Remus one which Russ at Bennets has designed a map for. Sounds awesome. KurtP has one fitted and its here on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXOqQ7VtFSk. Personally I prefer the xtreme one.
Beowulf looks crap. Not sure about the others as I havent seen / heard them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the quick replies.
I don't fancy Errols GP type (as currently on Ebay) but the idea of a stubby R6 can really intrigues me. Has anyone investigated further, particularly with regard to the link pipe?
Regards,
Roland

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just looked on Ebay, item 160320150424, and found a stubby for the R6 which looks quite nice.
The other good bit is that they are only about 20 miles away from me!!!
Can anyone tell me what size link pipe I will require for the tornado, to save me having to take mine off to measure it?
Thanks,
Roland

·
Registered
319 Posts
Oh boy.... I know it depends on the taste...

But do you really want to spoil the look of your bike with (how to say?) THAT? :confused:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You are better off getting the Remus from Russ if you want a stubby cos it needs a different map. Russ designed a custom one for the remus I think. Not sure about the GP xtreme one, I think that runs ok with the standard race mapping. Either way unless you have the race map already it will need remapping.

·
Registered
833 Posts
local guy does SIMMI exhausts and he reckons he can sort an exhaust out, when i get a chance i will pop over and see what he has to offer.

·
Registered
319 Posts
How VERY VERY VERY DARE YOU SIR :rolling: :rolling:

Thats my bike modeling their can. . Its sounds good with the baffle in BUT its Brilliant with the baffle out :eek: . :eek: . :eek:

Yeah....but I am talking about the look and not about the sound :p

I know it depends on the taste. That´s why I didn´t write: "THAT thing is too ugly!!!" but said: "I don´t like its look";)

G

·
Yeah....but I am talking about the look and not about the sound :p

I know it depends on the taste. That´s why I didn´t write: "THAT thing is too ugly!!!" but said: "I don´t like its look";)
WELL i suppose i will let you off..
I always thought 50% of exhaust choice is the sound... No good if it look great and sounds like a turd (wot does a turd sound like :confused: )

·
Registered
319 Posts
You are right. Should be a good compromise of look and sound.

You don´t like the sound of the original?

I don´t like the look of the original too much.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I love the noise of the beowulf the style of the Remus and the motogp can for me makes a complete upgrade to the tornado but there all as good you pays your money you makes your choice .its all a matter of choice.

·
Registered
319 Posts
what about the police controls over there? You don´t have a noise limit?

Here, they are equipped with those sh***y devices to measure the noise emissions.

Maybe can legalize, but hard to register at the so called "TUV" (I guess that´s equal to your MOT?)

Later this year, I will try to legalize one of my choice (Remus or LeoVince GP-Pro). Unfortunalety no chance with the Akra stubby.:mad:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Errol,

maybe one day, you have another chance to record a soundfile with better quality. This one sounds like a 2-stroke engine. And I am sure you did not change THAT on your bike :D

I am thinking about the LeoVince GP-Pro, which is visually close to yours.. but I guess smaller. And important for me as I am living in germany, it has an "e"-stamp. Which doesn´t make it legal, but almost.

Here you can take a look: Leovince gp-pro mounted on different bikes

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I am thinking about the LeoVince GP-Pro, which is visually close to yours.. but I guess smaller. And important for me as I am living in germany, it has an "e"-stamp. Which doesn´t make it legal, but almost.

Here you can take a look: Leovince gp-pro mounted on different bikes
It is a fine looking piece of kit, and I have had good experience of Leo Vince cans on other bikes. They don't list one for any current Benelli, though :confused:

cheers

Ian

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Ian,

yes, unfortunately you are right.

On the other hand, fortunately, I have an exhaust manufacurer close to my place. If I buy the can, they will make the link pipe for me. Just takes a few days, maybe less.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts