Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sitting here writing up how the EFI works for my TnT service DVD and scratching my head on a few things :(

Questions:
Anyone know where the air temp & barometric pressure sensors are located on the TnT?

The manual vaguely says that the air temp is under the seat and that the barometric is in the air box like the tornado which is isn't - hole blanked off.

I can see some arguments ahead once the DVD is finished. Everyone I ask seems to do it slightly differently and the manual is a tad vague in spots to boot :doh:

Cheers!

Mike

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
at the front on the headlight cowl is the smoked plastic shield, the sensor is underneath it on the left (sitting on the bike)

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Hi Mike,
Interesting…….. I'm going to have to look into this, my TNT sport is 2007 and the thermistor (air sensor) is at the front under the cowl, on my 2005 TNT it was in the airbox.
I know that some ECU's can have barometric sensors attached to them, but normally air sensors have to be in an air stream to work properly as they rely on a differential to determine air speed.
What year is your bike mike; also does/did it have a cat attached.
Terry

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I haven't looked for it on mine as yet, I have an '06 with no cat.

BTW, are we talking about one sensor that does both? All the bikes I've had in the past have had separate air temp & altitude sensors

Update
Had a look and yes there is an air temp sensor above the headlight on my '06.

So it looks like the air temp is at the front and only the barometric or altitude sensor is integrated into the Walbro

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
147 Posts
On the Tre the clocks have their own temp sensor that is just for the riders info (a black dome) and only works on the move or it gets heat soak from the engine :). The ECU uses a seperate temp sensor on the Tre in the airbox (orange disk).

As to air sensors needing air flow, surely you mean a MAF sensor where a heated wire in the air stream determins air flow down a know diameter pipe. Only the brand new monster uses this I think. Most bikes tend to use the MAP sensor method where air flow is calculated from pressure * temp * rpm.

The Tre attaches the ECU's absolute pressure sensor to the manifold via a pipe to emulate a proper MAP sensor system. Ducati however have gotten away for years with just using the Absolute temperature and pressure, ignoring the airbox completely in most cases. I guess they just dont care about people crawling on zero throttle through town on a hot day, its just "character".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts