Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled off the airbox cover last weekend to discover (again) the temperature sensor covered in crap. Oil from the filter drains into that corner, and traps all manner of rubbish - bees, seeds & grass, to name a few.

The sensor couldn't possibly read accurately, or quickly, when covered with so much garbage, so I bit the bullet and shifted it. It is now mounted on the front wall, above the left hand air inlet, with the small plastic protector vertical.

Only been up Mt Stromlo once since, but the new position doesn't appear to have upset her at all.

Hasn't stalled either, but she has only done that to me a handful of times in 16000k, so I can't say if this has made any difference (yet).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
air temp sensor

Cool :D Please keep us updated on how it goes, thanks.

I receive the new starter gears for the TnT tomorrow (I hope), I'll fit them tomorrow night before I drive to Winton (2 hours north of Melbourne) on Friday morning for the second round of the State Championships this weekend. I'll let you all know how they go.

I really think the gears would work great in the Tornado. I think it will stop the clocks from resetting as the starter will easily turn the motor over compression.

Stay tuned :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts