Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didnt someone fit one of these to their Tornado???
Anyone got any pics ( its a hydroformed looking unit.)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hmmm did you forget that Ive not had a bike for seven months laurence not put the tank protector on yet.......:doh: :clap:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Don't fit the tank protector to your tank Mark. Instead I've found that if you glue it to the front of your leathers at groin level it will automatically fit into place when you hit the brakes hard enough. You can also fit a small portion of chips in there if you lay flat on your back as well:rolling:

Al (..................);)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Im off to the chippie now and report back with the results of operation Crotch Chips !!!!

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sussex Tre

does the Akro slip straight onto the Tornado headers or do you need to make up a sleeve to make them join Up??

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Akra 100th post and info

ARS

The Akra will need a link pipe me thinks..

I went to S & R Pro in Sydney and spoke to them about the Akra pipe. They said they can do it, will do the link pipe, bolts to the rearset, dyno and custom map etc..

Only downside is no Tuneboy but they can use PC111.

They reckon that TB is too fiddley and not worth their while.

Also noticed that this is my 100th post since migration to the new site..any idea where I can view my 2003 posts from the old site?

Do you want to go with PC111?

Cheers

·
5,934 Posts
Will you be able to find a place to mount a PC III? I couldn't find a spot for the AFR Tuner, which does the same thing, but automatically.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The Ackro slips straight on just need to bend the lips in slightly its a good fit just sorting a support bracket will need to fit to the rearset pivot to be nice and stable :) just sorting out a piccy :clap:

·
166 Posts
looking good

Piccy as promised :)
Looks great!

Have you sorted the fuel mapping?

Also will it heat up and dissolve the brake line holder?

Can the hanger on the pipe be re-welded a bit lower?, thus eliminating the need for another bracket?

Please let us know

Cheers

·
166 Posts
cost?

means i have to buy one, whats the all up cost gonna be ?
Me thinks about $200 for the pipe, approx $300 for the PC111 and another $350 for the dyno and tuning. Any fuffying around such as brackets etc may add a wee bit more.

In regards to where to put it as per Engenia's post.. S & R Pro were mentioning under the tank..

cheers

·
5,934 Posts
In regards to where to put it as per Engenia's post.. S & R Pro were mentioning under the tank..
There's no space b/w rad hoses & tank, or airbox & tank. The only spot, if you could tidy up the fuel lines, etc. is under the throttle bodies - must check that out next time the tank's off. Maybe the AFR Tuner can find a place afterall :)
Thanks Tax

·
Registered
513 Posts
Looks great!

Have you sorted the fuel mapping?

Also will it heat up and dissolve the brake line holder?

Can the hanger on the pipe be re-welded a bit lower?, thus eliminating the need for another bracket?

Please let us know

Cheers
Im am going to see she how she runs with the Benelli race can map..first but will probally go the Power commander route eventually.The exhaust bracket will look a dogs dinner if ground off and re-welded ,looked at the location and all is needed a bracket to the brake pedal pivot so am on it:D I will make a small avi file with sound that I would be happy to email to members il post when ready and have my feedback ref midrange noise.I have run it with its baffle in yes its loud but deeper than the Benelli Ti can. :ele: :ele:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts