Benelli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Well, my 04 bike was with Red Dog between Sept 06 and June 07 and they never mentioned anything.

Since it needed a new head and barrel but was out of warranty, I contacted Brian Harris at Benelli UK (early March 07). Benelli agreed to supply these as a good will gesture. I asked about a contribution to the labour costs but Benelli (Italy) declined. Brian kindly offered a new starter as another goodwill gesture but these other upgrades were definitely not mentioned.

I do hope no-one has an accident resulting from the clutch/alternator issue because Benelli seem to have acknowledged that there's a problem leaving the door open for legal action.....and it wouldn't be too great for the person who has the accident either. P'rhaps they could try and fix things for UK owners first.

·
903 Posts
Just to clear this matter up re upgrades. Benelli will replace your starter motor ONLY if you suffer with starting problems ie: lethargic starting. There is an upgraded starter for the TNT which will be replaced FOC but you will have to pay for the labour if your bike is out of warranty. It is recommended that you also replace the battery with a 14v one (the standard one is a 12v) but this is optional and would have to be paid for by the owner.

There is also an upgrade to the cooling system, the fans are placed on the outside of the radiators instead of the inside, there is a kit to do this. Once again this will only be done if your bike has a problem. If your bike is in warranty then it is done FOC, if it is out of warranty the parts will be supplied FOC but you will have to pay for the labour.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
14v batter

Hi - what is this 14v batter you are talking about - I trie da higher output one but not of them wopuld fit in the small holder ebnnelli use. Can you advise the battery manufacturer nad serial No

IAN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts