Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This road is notorious for having spots of loose gravel that you can't really see. Plus, it had been "chip-sealed" about 8 weeks before and that always takes a very long time to bed in, especially on this road because it's quite remote so the traffic is light. Basically they lay down tar and then spread gravel over it, then just leave. No rolling at all, they just let the traffic mash it all down.

We figure I must have hit a spot of it right at the apex of the turn. Yeah, I was pulling seat foam out of my arse for a while after that one :rolling:

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
This road is notorious for having spots of loose gravel that you can't really see. Plus, it had been "chip-sealed" about 8 weeks before and that always takes a very long time to bed in, especially on this road because it's quite remote so the traffic is light. Basically they lay down tar and then spread gravel over it, then just leave. No rolling at all, they just let the traffic mash it all down.

We figure I must have hit a spot of it right at the apex of the turn. Yeah, I was pulling seat foam out of my arse for a while after that one :rolling:
they do that over here as well.

Nearly lost the car on some the other week, first off i had the rear try to come round so i had to accelerate, i then had the whole lot drifting towards the ditch. that made me twitch a bit:eek:

·
Registered
297 Posts
crap

they do that over here as well.

Nearly lost the car on some the other week, first off i had the rear try to come round so i had to accelerate, i then had the whole lot drifting towards the ditch. that made me twitch a bit:eek:
lmao, they've just done the road I live on....which is a mountain road..... getting to work downhill is "fun" :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Good job staying upright. :clap: Moments like that happen so fast.

Gritters out in Aberdeenshire tonight so plenty squeaky bum moments like that to look forward to for the next 6 months no doubt!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Gritters out in Aberdeenshire tonight so plenty squeaky bum moments like that to look forward to for the next 6 months no doubt!

:bawl: Now that's just downright depressing! Yup car was warning of icy conditions today too.

Glad you kept it upright :) but at least you don't need to deal with salty gritted roads in California with all year round sunshine you lucky thing :cool:

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
great save

You were a lucky man mate, if i had to describe that in Cockney Language i would say you have more Luck than a cows got C+nt :bow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts