Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in for my first x-rays since February on Tuesday. The outcome was mixed - the bones are healing but there are still some areas that haven't filled in. But the good news is that the surgeon has scheduled me to have the tibia plate and 14 screws removed on October 11 :excited: Unfortunately, the fibula plate and 9 screws will remain for some time after that. :bawl: I can't wait to have that hardware out of my leg. It's been a long road (16 months now).

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't know the full story but it seems pretty long to recover and get to the full speed. How long do they think you will keep the 9 remaining bolts? They won't say before the operation, I guess, but...

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Can't believe it's been as long as 16 Months Mark. :eek::eek::eek:

It only seems like about half that when you reported your accident on the Forum..................... but I bet it seems like a whole lot longer for you mate!!!!

Still, things are looking up and at least you are back on the bike again. Lets hope it's not too long before you get the rest of the hardware removed :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know the full story but it seems pretty long to recover and get to the full speed. How long do they think you will keep the 9 remaining bolts? They won't say before the operation, I guess, but...
Well, the reason it took so long was partly because I'm an old fart (52) and partly because the fractures were so severe. Both bones were smashed to bits and the surgeon who put them back together said it was the worst tibia/fibula fracture he had ever seen. I was back to riding after 10 months, back in February. Have no idea on the 9 remaining screws, I need to ask the surgeon about that.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't believe it's been as long as 16 Months Mark. :eek::eek::eek:

It only seems like about half that when you reported your accident on the Forum..................... but I bet it seems like a whole lot longer for you mate!!!!

Still, things are looking up and at least you are back on the bike again. Lets hope it's not too long before you get the rest of the hardware removed :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yep, it's hard for me to believe it's been that long. But on the other hand, it seems really long ago that I posted about the accident. Weird. I'm thrilled that I was able to start riding again after 10 months and I've ridden a LOT since then. I just did a nice 180-mile twisty ride today :ele:

·
3,085 Posts
52!!!!!

Congratulations on just reaching that figure , let alone the recovery :)
Seriously though, all the best mate, Ive just had knee surgury, I can now bend my knee more than 90 degree's, first time in 25 yrs ive been able too!!

For the first time in my life i can ride a MC without pain, Hoo Bloody Ray :)

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations on just reaching that figure , let alone the recovery :)
Seriously though, all the best mate, Ive just had knee surgury, I can now bend my knee more than 90 degree's, first time in 25 yrs ive been able too!!

For the first time in my life i can ride a MC without pain, Hoo Bloody Ray :)
Congrats on the knee! Man, you must be ecstatic to be able to ride without pain , that's fantastic news :ele: They can do some pretty amazing things with knee surgery these days... :clap:
cheers mate!

·
903 Posts
Good news mark!

Hi again Mark

That's good news about you forthcoming op, at least progress is being made. :clap:

As you know, I have recently come out of hospital again having had the metalwork removed, it bloody hurt for a few weeks but does appear to be getting better. I still have some way to go but I am getting there. As for riding, I cannot get my leg onto the footrest of my MV yet as my leg will not bend enough, but will get there!

I hope you have the same good fortune as I and recover quickly.

When we have both fully recovered we will be able to do this again!:jig: :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
When we have both fully recovered we will be able to do this again!:jig:
Hey Lloyd, I don't think you have ever been able to do that!!!!!

However, if you do manage to pull that one off, then you could maybe try this
:rolling:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Hey Lloyd, I can see what you mean your legs dont look to good in the picture you sent me still badly swollen :p

[/URL][/IMG]

·
903 Posts
Strewth!

OMG! It looks as if someone has restricted his knee growth!:doh:

If I had been as muscle bound as this I would never have broken any bones! :rolling: :rolling: Come to think of it I would never have got my leathers on so would never have got on my Nelli so would never have had the crash! I'll start training right away!:rolling:

·
903 Posts
:hiya: Dave, I can ride the cruiser but as of yet have been unable to ride the MV as I cannot bend my leg fully.:doh: I'm getting there though and hope to be out on her soon although it does not look like I have missed much riding as the weather has been so crappy!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts